We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

Hey all my favorite negril boardies, after a long 3 island tour of Anguilla, St. Barts, and St Martin it saddens me to leave JA. After over 18yrs of visits I THINK I have found another love, lol. Im gonna put the frequent visits to JA to rest for a while and see if I miss it. But St. Martin/ Anguilla/St Barts are my new favortites. All three for different reasons but all close enough by to visit all in same trip. Anguilla's shoal bay beach is incredible and unmatched in my book. St Martin is a very fun place to party, gamble and relax on excellent beaches while very very friendly. St Barts is just flat out a sexy place to be. All 30 to 60 bucks ferry ride away.

I know I know some on here will say good riddens we dont need you in negril anymore HAHA lol, but parts of negril and my friends there will be missed but not forgotten. I will stop by this forum from time to time and see whats up. But so long, Chelle, Rack, JamSteve, Ohliz, mz reggae, morena1208,eronsgirl,kooljammin, drastaboy, rastagirl777, blues pirate, seamuis, negrilaholic,mka68, withrespect, and all the others who have PM'd me or forgot about over the last 3 years. All of your local knowledge, stories, opinions and study session jokes will be missed.

Respect,

Jay

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

It's all good, enjoy your travels!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

Sounds great! I'm envious.

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

There is a whole big world out there. It's fun to enjoy as much of it as you can.

Happy travels.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

After 9 trips to Bermuda (too much new construction for me), I'm now looking into beginning my explorations in Jamaica.

I guess the balance of visitors will be maintained...

Much luck and enjoy!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

Oh I'm even jealous, St. Barts is supposed to be sexy!!! Don't feel bad, I loved Barbados, wish it was still a direct flight from me and that it had the same all inclusives my young family wants.

I plan on doing lots of other islands as my children get older.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

I too will try and fill your shoes as I'm a first timer - May 09!!!

But you don't have to leave the forum!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

awww enjoy hun! you'll be back to JA one day i'm sure...

i would love to go to St Barts one day... only island with a Louis Vuitton Store =) there's a dream vacation... lol

keep in touch!

Chelle

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

I know what you're talking about. All three islands have their own unique personalities.

We loved St. Martin till it got built up and expensive. Looked for something similar, and ended up in Jamaica, because it was less money, and a direct flight. Did I mention that it WAS less money?

I'm not so sure about the less money anymore.

I do miss the duty free shopping and Orient Beach, and maybe I'll return sometime.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

The direct flight is a big sell for me still having kids and such little vacation time to spare. I don't think I would care so much if I wasn't trying to make other people happy :)

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another Island Stole My Heart!!!!

I am trying someplace new this summer. I am not ready to use the L word. A change can be a good thing. I will jump into cenote instead of climbing waterfalls, see amazing Ruins and snorkel off different reefs. Also, my family is not buying Jamaica is the only island we can afford :-).

Pauline