We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rick's Cafe

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Rick's Cafe

Wanted to get some feedback on if anyone has done the Cabana Packages are Rick's. Is it worth it? Do you have to reserve far in advance?

I only have 8 more sleeps!!!!!!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
132 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rick's Cafe

I think it would only be worth it if you stayed there all day. They look really cool and I plan on renting one the next time I go.

I'm not sure how far in advance you have to reserve them though. If you find out, please post. Thanks.

Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rick's Cafe

I had read both positive and negative reviews about Rick's but we really enjoyed it. We arrived at about noon. There was only a handful of people there when we arrived. More and more people showed up as it got later, with the majority arriving around 4 PM. We rented the cabana and bought a bottle of Absolut. They provided us with set-ups the rest of the day. The food we had (shrimp, wings, etc) were all very good. They had Corona!!! The scenery, especially the sunset, is second to none. The cliff divers do not harass you anywhere near what some of the reviews would lead you to believe. In fact, we were there for quite a while and had some nice conversations with two of the older men who dove. We learned a lot about the Jamaican people and way of life from these folks. It really saddens me that some people couldn't give a dollar or two to some of the younger boys who dove from the cliffs. It's not like you would have do do it more than once or twice. We gave one young boy, about 12 years of age I guess, a few dollars for a dive. After my wife gave it to him, he replied with "God Bless You, Ma'am". To me, those few dollars are no different than a movie and popcorn, and believe me, this entertainment with the divers and beautiful scenery are much better. We really enjoyed ourselves and even dove off the upper platform (my wife jumped) a few times. If you would like to see pictures, message me with your e-mail address and I would be glad to share.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rick's Cafe

Did you book the Cabana in advance or just showed up there and got one?

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rick's Cafe

I have been there different times, from early in the day until they close at night, and while I have seen it jampacked, have still not personally ever seen a cabana occupied...for the $75 does that include the food and drinks, or is that extra? Just curious..

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rick's Cafe

I wouldn't have thought with Ricks being expensive that food and drink would be included for $75.

The Cabana's were very busy last time we were there but to be honest thats the only time I remember seeing anyone use them.

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rick's Cafe

I like going to Rick's too, except I give those young boys money (some are the children of the older jumpers) not to jump!

A-T-L
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rick's Cafe

I went to Rick's. The food was not good IMO, the server we had had a horrible attitude, I actually reported her to her manager. I don't remember much going on with the Cabanas, the atmosphere seemed cool, but it had started to rain so things kind of turned sour... :-(

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rick's Cafe

We were at Ricks last week and enjoyed our 2-3 hours. And yes, we did drop $$$ in the buckets for the divers, we have $$$ to drop. We left a few almost empty drinks at the bar, told them we'd be right back. Went back, drinks gone. The bar replaced them with full drinks...no problems mon.;[];

Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rick's Cafe

We just showed up and got our cabana. It was mid-week in Mid-September so it wasn't very busy. Food was not included. They have a menu. You can check it out on their website. Sorry AllThings that you didn't enjoy your stay. To each his own I guess.

Toronto
Level Contributor
587 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rick's Cafe

Prices for the Cabana...

IRIE VIP PACKAGE $175

All day Cabana Rental

2 Rick’s Beach Towels

1 Bottle Of Appleton Rum

1 Appetizer of your choice

Free Gift

COOL VIBES VIP PACKAGE $150

All day Cabana Rental

1 Bottle Of Appleton Rum VX

1 Appetizer of your choice

Free Gift

JUST CHILLIN’ VIP PACKAGE $125

All day Cabana Rental

1 Bottle Of Appleton Rum

Fresh Fruit Plate

Free Gift

Expensive? Well yes, but the thing you have to remember is that this is a business. You can apply the "expensive" attitude to anything, even back home (e.g. "Why am I paying $6 for a pop at the movies when I can buy one for 50 cents at the supermarket?"). Personally when I do bottle service at a club back home it's $200 for a bottle only (26 oz vs 40 oz).

The atmosphere is great and if you're splitting the bottle with friends it might seem a bit more reasonable.

RR