We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why must I be tortured like this

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Why must I be tortured like this

45 sleeps 'til our 1st trip to JA. We've only been planning this trip for a year +

I mean, really,it's hard enough to not think about JA, every minute of every day as it is.

It isn't made any easier when everywhere I turn, it's Jamaica this & Jamaica that....

Last night, we attended our son's 4th Grade Spring Concert @ school and one of the songs the chorus peformed was a Jamaican folk song.

TWO television ads in less than one hour this AM for Jamaica ..."Once you go you know"

Then, I'm watching a show(also this AM) that showed JFK airport (we'll be flying outta there)

Signs everywhere!

Off to work. I work p/t at a local elem. school (as a cafe. aide). My luck, they'll be serving jerk chicken today ;-)

Have a great day!

Naomi :-)

Altoona...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Wait till you come back - it gets worse! My last trip home in Feb. I almost broke down in the grocery store because mangoes were on sale. I didn't want to buy mangoes at the store I wanted the fruit lady to deliver them fresh to my lounge chair! :-) I am jealous that you only have 45 more days. I go every February.

Belgium
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Yeah, it just gets harder once you are back. Now you see signs everywhere, next you will be looking for signs.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Oh and recently, my husband & I were looking through the yellow pages for a particular restaurant. I opened the page right to a Jamaican restaurant about 15 min. from here. Bizarre!

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Minivanmomof2...you could torture yourself even more...check out www.realnegril.com...they have live webcasts that showcase different locations live around Negril....

alot of fabulous negrilaholics spend time watching the webcast and chatting there...

very tortuous!! lol

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Next thing you know Bob Marley is ALWAYS on the radio and your hand must turn it up. When shopping you notice things you never did before like jerk sauce and such. A pattie has a whole new meaning.

We saw a hotel last weekend in NJ called Montego Bay Inn, all kinds of stuff like this starts happening..be prepared :)

Wash DC
Level Contributor
74 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

I leave in 10 days and trust me I am getting pretty antsy, I feel ya.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

Thanx guys, I'm glad there are others that get it ;-)

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

ya we get it Naomi...but as said...it gets WORSE once you go...then all you think about it getting back lol Hang in there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

The last week is the worse for me...it goes so slow!!

I feel your pain..wait till you've been, the next wait will be even worse.

Have a great time :))

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Why must I be tortured like this

LOL! I hear ya! We've been waiting for six long months and now down to two weeks. At a local restaurant they are doing a Caribbean menu and featuring jerk chicken, but I'm not having it any of it because I only want the real thing.