We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant at Citronella??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant at Citronella??

Is there a restaurant at Citronella? It is mentioned briefly on Citronella's website and on negrilonestop.com. But, there is no information about it. I'm wondering if it's in the Great House?

This property looks intriguing to me, but I don't want to cook or go too far for every single meal while on vacation (I know -- pretty lazy . . .)

Any insight?

Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

No restaurant on the property but my favorite place is close by LTU pub. Great food. There are restaurants all around that area. Citronella has no restaurant, no pool it is very primitive but beautiful property.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

Thanks, OhioAngie! We, too, enjoy LTU and many of the other restaurants nearby on our trips to the west end. There is no shortage of great food around, that's for sure!

I am asking this question because on Citronella's website it says: " ** We have a restaurant, and floral designer/studio on site!"

I was wondering if this was a new addition to the property.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

Bump . . .

Anybody know???

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

Ask them directly or negrilonestop. Onestop's site indicates guests stay there because of healthy food, and it caters to large group functions, so by that I would say yes there is a restaurant.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

Hey Caribbeanine,

We did a tour of Citro while we were at Catcha a few weeks ago. Beautiful property and location on the cliffs, but no a/c in any of the units...unfortunately a deal breaker for me! The cabins are a bit more rustic than Catcha, but the peace and quiet is great!

There is a small bar/restaurant on site, but it dosen't seem like a "regular hours" type of joint. My guess is that you'd have to let someone know ahead of time if you'd like dinner, etc. I'm not certain on this, but while we were there it didn't look like anyone was around...in fact we only saw one other person on the entire property and most of the cabins were vacant.

I'll tell you what, if they throw a/c into a unit, we're there...same for Banana Shout!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

"I'll tell you what, if they throw a/c into a unit, we're there...same for Banana Shout"

Exactly the same sentiments here. They are both really interesting places.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

I was concerned staying somewhere without A/C, but found the lack of A/C was no problem in April at Banana Shout. It was cool at night and I even had to get a blanket out a few times!

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

Thanks for the info, deadheadcouple!

I wish we would have thought to tour Citronella while we were there, but we were too busy being lazy in our lounge chairs!

I know you stayed in the newer units at Catcha. Do you think that Citronella's cottages were much more rustic than the older cottages at Catcha? I'm not really too concerned about the lack of A/C as long as we're not there during the summer months.

Maybe it would be possible to arrnage in advance to have breakfasts on a daily basis.

I do have messages out to Citronella and Bob at negrilonestop for any additional information they may have.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

I am staying at Citronella 2nd week in dec. This is great info to know. I was assuming the restaurant was for large parties/catering events but if can arrange for certain meals that would be nice.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant at Citronella??

I'm still waiting to hear back from onestop and Citronella directly about the restaurant. Anyone else have any knowledge? I'm not very patient, I guess!

Thanks!