We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Bar drinks?

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pelican Bar drinks?

Hi All,

My husband and I are going to Negril on July 20th. 4th or 5th trip there. We are going to be with friends for part of the trip. My question is this, what kind of drinks are served at the bar? I know, it's the bar itself that's so cool, but I'm just curious if they serve anything other then red stripe. Hubby nixxed the 3 hour each way trip to 9 mile, I really wanted to do that. Might have to use my feminine wiles, sp? to get my way LOLOLOL.

37 DAYS! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

Have a Great Father's Day All

Sam

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

Soft drinks for sure, my kids had some there. I also imagine they have rum.

Definitely no blender drinks or anything like that.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,052 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

PS: Floyd doesn't own the sandbar...if you have drinks in a cooler in your boat (as we always do), you can drink those. If you go into the bar itself of course you should buy there.

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

Thanks Ohliz,

Appreciate the info. Will definitely check it out.

Respectfully,

Sam

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

FYI - Was told by Solomon (from TOTT) the there is less chance of seeing the dolphine during July than the rest of the year. (don't know how long this "dryer" spell is for) We considered doing the excursion, but haven't committed to it yet. We will also be in Negril 7/19-7/27.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

i would not let the chance of not seeing dolphins persuade you to skip this trip. IMHO, the dolphins are merely an "icing on the cake" thing, cool if they're there, but a deal-breaker if they're not.

treasure beach, pelican bar, black river are all still a great day away from negril even without the dolphins... add in the pepper shrimp in middle quarters, some fish abd beer at the pelican bar, and some peanut porridge for breakfast on the way to treasure beach and you have a great day to remember.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

Floyd tries to keep in a supply of 'cooled' drinks..most typically he stocks Red Stripe, Red Stripe Lite, Guinness, Heineken, Pepsi, sometimes Ting and Ginger Beer, Smirnoff Ice, and bottle fruit juice drinks. He usually has a bottle of rum for those who want a mixed drink with a soda or juice.

His supply all depends on when you hit the bar after his shopping trip into Black River, and the number of people who have stopped in to the Pelican since then.

nyc
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

Thanks for the info. Can't wait- 33 more sleeps

Respect,

Sam

8. Re: Pelican Bar drinks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 16:17