We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIu Negril questions?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RIu Negril questions?

A group of 10 of us are heading to the Riu Negril the end of February. Never been so does anyone have any advice on rooms or such. We went to Breezes runaway bay last year and loved it but the price has gone way up. Thanks for all the info!

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIu Negril questions?

The Riu Negril rooms are set up in 4 buildings. Building 1 is the closest to the "hub" of the resort but offers the least amount of privacy. Building 4 is the furthest away (the walk to the lobby is probably 5-8 minutes) but offers the most privacy. You will need to decide what is more important and pick the building accordingly.

We always stayed on the far side of building 2 which seemed to be a happy medium for us.

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RIu Negril questions?

Are the oceanfront or oceanview rooms worth it? We have been to the Riu Playacar in Mexico. Are the resorts similiar? What is the night life like? Disco?

Are there alot of kids there?

wisconsin
Level Contributor
819 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIu Negril questions?

There is a disco at the resort. Sometimes very busy, and other times only a few people. Its a fun place to just hang out at night after the show, since there is not a piano bar. As far as ocean view rooms, the extra price you spend depends on if you are that interested in seeing the ocean from your room. We don't spend much time in the room, so we find that the extra cost doesn't make it worth it to us. We would prefer to just be outdoors anyways. We are going back to the Riu Negril in August. We really enjoyed it last year, and are excited to go back. Its a great value for the money.

Orangeville, Ill
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RIu Negril questions?

Prices for when we are going, there is not that much difference for the oceanfront room. We got spoiled last year when we got upgraded for free at Breezes. Love to sit on the balconey in the morning and look at the ocean. disco sounds like at breezes sometimes hopping, sometimes not. With 10 of us we'll make our own fun. Looking forward to going to Negril. Any places we should definitly go see? Thanks!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: RIu Negril questions?

My wife and I were married there last July. I can not say how great our stay was. The staff was great and they upgraded us to an ocean view suite in Building 4. It was a little bit of a walk but the privacy was great. If I could recommend one place it would be Ricks, especially if you are up for some cliff jumping. Outside of the wedding it was my most enjoyable place in Negril.

Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIu Negril questions?

Just got back 2 days ago building 2 was great! I'm not real sure why anyone though would pay for an ocean view pretty far away to really see maybe I didn't see the rooms with the view but I wouldn't spend the extra. Everyone said to get 1 or 2 but building 1 seems not very private. We were very happy with building 2. ENJOY it was great!!!! Can't wait to go back!!

baton rouge,la
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIu Negril questions?

Just returned on July 1, and we stayed in bldg 3. It wasn't a bad walk really pretty. Only bad thing was we were on the top floor and there are no elevators. :-(. Other than that it was great. Will write a review soon.

lovinjamaica,

Texas
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: RIu Negril questions?

Stayed in Building 2 last week. Just right. We could sort of see the ocean, but i wouldn't spend the extra money, just my opinion.

If those damn Texas people wouldn't have been playing there ipod music so loud, i probally would have had a better time. (indiana speak up) lol

Chad

Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIu Negril questions?

We loved your music you crazy texans!! You guys are a blast. Wish we could of hung out more. If you go to the pool bar watch out for crazy texans jumping off the pool bar (you might need hard hats) lol!! You guys were great!!! Amy

norwalk,ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RIu Negril questions?

try using sky auction got my room in feb there

180 a night total for 2