We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone recommend?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
can anyone recommend?

Hi i am planning to travel to Negril end of July early August with my two boys 8 and 6,i would like a place on the beach,clean,safe,nice place for three weeks, no more than 150 dollor a night,i have looking at the palms and white sands also Rayon i would be very gratful for any good suggestions.

Thanks

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone recommend?

Rayon is across the street from the beach, not on the beach - You can look at hotel locations on the map at negril.com or negrilinfo.com -

My personal choice would be NBCC - with a one bedroom condo, you would have 2 beds in the bedroom and one in the LR, which would suit your family well.

Others I would look at would be Travelers or Coral Seas.

Ashland, Virginia
Level Contributor
772 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone recommend?

If you r staying that long in 1 place i would haggle the rate pretty hard. Most of the hotels r not that full so this time of year. I like the Coco la palm(they might have 2 adjoining rooms). The security is very good they have a pool.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone recommend?

For that length of stay I also would recommend a condo unit at NBCC. Their rates are actually less than your budget plus you'll have the convenience of having a kitchen and seperate bedrooms for you and the kids. Its a basic place but provides quite a bit. There is a large beach area, pool, hot tub, a small grocery store on site, bar, restaurant, massage, art shop, and a souvenior store all right there on site. We stayed there on a recommendation from a regular poster here and I wouldn't hesitate going back again. I've been going to Negril for over 10 years and had never heard of it.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can anyone recommend?

My choices for three weeks...with children...on the beachside...

Crystal Waters

Treehouse

Coco La Palm

Rondel

With children, you don't want to be crossing the road to get to the beach...this would eliminate Rayon

and possibly Whitesands(the family unit is on the other side of the road).

The Palms is still currently under construction...the rooms are small...there is also limited shade/cover on the beach for young children.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can anyone recommend?

I'll add Nirvana to the list to check out. Their cottages cost more than that but for 3 weeks in summer I think Lonnie will work with you. GREAT setup for a family, very secure, screened living area, full kitchen with cook for at least one meal a day, fenced property with swing set, playhouse, kayaks to use, tons of shade and "run around" areas.

The cottages do not have AC, however the verandah suites do and the cottages are open (screened) with great ceiling fans, and the shade on the property keeps everything cool....but I haven't stayed there in summer so that might be an issue.

Agree Rondel would be good too, it has a pool and jacuzzi and the 1BR villa might be had in your budget if you make a 3 week deal. Also living room, full kitchen, AC and TV, onsite restaurant and i think they'll also cook a meal for you in your kitchen if you like.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can anyone recommend?

I can definately recommend the Rayon . I stayed their for two weeks in April with my 10 year old and we loved it. Yes, it is across the road from the beach but this was in no way a problem in fact it was a bonus. Sometimes the hustle and bustle on the beach can get a bit much and this was a good get away. It is clean and the prices are unbeatable. Look at the good reviews for it....

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can anyone recommend?

I would also agree with the others about Rondel Village... definately a close to "perfect fit" for your needs I think.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can anyone recommend?

We stayed at CocoLaPalm the first week in June and loved it. I have teenagers, but there were other kids of all ages, so the they made lots of new friends. There are two pools and a hot tub. The restaurant and grill were nice and we always had good food, but we didn't eat there very often. We did lots of walking and found that it had the best location and nicest section of beach. Plus we loved the staff.

Also, we did check out the Palms. Had a couple of really great dinners there, got to know some of the staff, saw some of the rooms (nice!) and it was wonderful as well, though we didn't see as many kids.

9. Re: can anyone recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 04:18