We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I refuse to believe...........

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Topic
I refuse to believe...........

that hardly anyone is traveling to negril in august. The chances of hurricanes aren't great around the first week of august. This will be my first time going to negril and I would like to know that someone else is going too. I have planned this 9 months ago and now have 32 more sleeps until our stay at GLN the 5th of August. Don't tell me that we will be at an almost empty resort!!!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I refuse to believe...........

You won't be alone! I know several people that are going to be in Negril in August. None of them are going to Grand Lido, but they'll be up the beach at Couples, Beaches Sandy Bay, and CoCo LaPalm. A resort that's not at full capacity is a good thing. You will have a fabulous time, no worries.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I refuse to believe...........

I'm there for the 2 middle weeks in August. We were there last year for Hurricane Dean! :) It didn't scare us off!

Last year, BN was full capacity one of the weeks.

Have fun!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I refuse to believe...........

We'll be there from the 23rd to the 28th staying at The Caves. MUCH smaller resort but I think it is booked solid. It's for our wedding anniversary so we'll just have to tempt chance. We can't change the dates of that!!

Mentioned in this post
The Caves
The Caves
728 Reviews
Jamaica
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I refuse to believe...........

No problem! We bought travel insurance.We will be there in a few weeks and always buy the insurance when going there during hurricane season like now.

For $49.00 pp,it is well worth the peace of mind.

Ohio~Is4Lovrs
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I refuse to believe...........

My soon to be wife and I will be in Negril from 08/11 - 08/20, staying at Couples Swept Away for a bit and then at the Blue Castle Cave for a bit...can't wait to get there, should I be worried about bad weather and hurricanes?

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,702 Reviews
Jamaica
VA
Level Contributor
323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I refuse to believe...........

Brando- Only worry if you didn't get insurance. It's hurricane season and anything could happen. And this year is supposed to be a very active season. I'm going in a couple of days and took the chance since it's the beginning of the season. Bertha is already brewing but not expected to hit Jamaica...thankfully!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
42 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I refuse to believe...........

I got married 8-14-07 and at the end of the week Hurricane Dean hit. It was a little crazy, but we're going back for FREE in a week or 2 because of Sandal's hurricane guarantee. Hurricane was no problem, mon. Good times, my friend!

chicago
Level Contributor
77 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I refuse to believe...........

I'm going the first weekend of August 3-7!!! Will be staying at COCO once again!!!! Can't wait

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I refuse to believe...........

Travel Lovin Lady...

SNAP!!! That is how we are getting to go back to Beaches! Hurricane was on the last few days of our 2 week holiday and we decided we wanted to go back to BN.

YeAH!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
42 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I refuse to believe...........

Awesome! I can't wait!! 1 week and 2 days! WOO HOO!