We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about PM rain showers in August

Level Contributor
1,431 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Tell me about PM rain showers in August

I've been reading a lot about rainy afternoons in Negril. I've been to several other islands in the Caribbean and am used to passing afternoon showers. Usually they only last 10 - 15 minutes or so. But the posts I'm reading make it sound like the showers in Negril last a lot longer.

I realize weather isn't predictable, but can someone let me know what the typical PM showers are like?

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tell me about PM rain showers in August

Have been to Negril in the month of August. The rain did come but never lasted for long. In 7 days there it rained once at night when we were sleeping (didn't even notice except the ground was wet in the morning). Rained once in the evening around dinner time and the day we left to come home it poured like nothing I have ever seen. It delayed our flight but all was OK. It has rained everywhere in the caribbean that I have been to but never for long. No worries mon!

Omaha, NE (via...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tell me about PM rain showers in August

My wife and I will be on our honeymoon from Aug 11-18th and we have been wondering about the rain as well. Apparently this is hurricane season, hopefully they can stay away!

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tell me about PM rain showers in August

we were in negril last august and every day it would start to get cloudy and rain at about 2 or so in the afternoon...accept for one day. then it would quit raining but would stay cloudy the rest of the day so no sunsets for us :( hopefully next time.

but it was a great time to go because the beach was not crowded at all. and it is still beautiful.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
935 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tell me about PM rain showers in August

Last August, when we were there it rained about 5 times (that counted 2 days which we were dealing with a hurricane). The other 3 times it was somewhere between 1-3 pm. This was DS's nap time and we were in our room any way. From what I recall, none of them lasted more than about 30 minutes. It was steaming hot afterwards however! LOL

Hangdog, we need to meet up while we are there! PM me.

5. Re: Tell me about PM rain showers in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 11:19