We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

returning sandals guests??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Farmington, Missouri
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
returning sandals guests??

just wodering if anyone has recently returned from sandals that was a returning guest and got an upgrade for free? We booked the lowest room in hopes of this we will be within a month of our aniversary and we have also thought about slipping a bill to the front desk. Any advice?

Long Island
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: returning sandals guests??

I *think* it is harder to get upgrades when you already book an upper level room category. Also depends on how booked the resort is already.

Although, for your SS Platinum level you should get taken care of better. Maybe it is because you stay for 2 weeks and it is hard to shuffle rooms when they are booked close to 100%.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: returning sandals guests??

Not to be off topic, but I just wanted to thank everyone who posted and private messaged me with so many kind words of support and appreciation here. I am overwhelmed with emotion that there are so many of you that would do that for me.

I am sincerely moved by the gestures!

Pardon the interruption and now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

IrieLady

Long Island
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: returning sandals guests??

Don't ever let the snipers get to you!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: returning sandals guests??

I actually got an email from Sandals today with my invoice offering an "upgrade to more luxurious accommodation". I expected it would be coming soon. I'm currently booked in the highest concierge room at SGOR (riviera oceanfront). Problem is, the upgrade they offered me was to a garden view plantation villa w/ concierge. A three-category DOWNGRADE! It's $300+ cheaper, so at 50% off, does that mean I get $150 back? lol They love pushing those villas.

Can someone please PM me the current name/email for the SGOR general manager? Maybe a return guest being offered a downgrade would give me some leverage. lol Thanks!

25. Re: returning sandals guests??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:15