We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountain Coffee

Canada
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountain Coffee

Can anyone recommend a place near Bloody Bay to purchase Blue Mountain. I know it will be available everwhere, has someone purchased the real deal.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Sunday morning, catch a taxi to Selina's. Enjoy breakfast of Banana pancakes, fresh orange juice, and Blue Mountain coffee. Big Roy, Selena's husband roasts it right there. You can make your purchase from him, and be sure to get the real thing.

Oh yea, and you might tell your friends to look for you on the webcast from Selena's every Sunday morning.

http://www.realnegril.com/

United States
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

I don't like the smell of coffee let alone drink it. When I do choose to have a cup, which is about once per decade, it has to be soaked with cream and sugar. BUT, Blue Mountain is different. I don't know why but I could drink it like water. BM and Carolans? Hide the keys.

I didn't know there was a "real thing" and I guess a knock-off. So, how does one tell the difference between the two?

John

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

there are different grades of blue mountain. the berries or the beans that are processed thru Mavis Bank is the highest quality, thought the others are still called blue mountain.. check the label

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

If you are going to purchase Beans to take home buy the coffee at the airport. 5lbs. for $90US. Top Quality Coffee. Better than the RUm

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Selina's breakfasts are good, though a bit pricey. Coffee? If that was Blue Mountain coffee I drank there it must have come from Blue Mountain, Manchester, in my opinion. LOL. Blue Mountain coffee - limited in supply and the quality varies. I certainly would not recommend buying from Selina's, if you want good quality and the genuine article. Look for the Wallenford Blue, Mavis Bank, etc. authentic packed coffee. I think the “roast it myself merchants” sell a very dubious product that could come from anywhere, except Blue Mountain.

Long Branch, New...
Level Contributor
501 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Take a ride into town and go to either the HiLo supermarket or Valuemaster. The supermarket prices are a little lower than the airports or gift shops.

ps. Selina's coffee is 100% blue mountain and it's roasted to order while u wait.

NY
Level Contributor
557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

We bought it from a man named Leroy who was recommended to us from a couple who were staying at Idle Awhile. They had bought it from him before and trusted him. We did not want to buy it until the end of our trip. We called Leroy and he delivered 11 lbs. of freshly roasted beans (still hot) to us at the RH. He threw in the last pound for free because we bought 10 lbs. We gave away some as gifts and everyone who has drank it says it is the best coffee that they ever tasted.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Mavis Bank sells their coffee under Jablum label I paid around $12.50 US for 1 LB at a shop in Negril.

Brewbob

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Coffee is like Pizza. Everyone has a different idea of what is should taste like, and what is the best.

Personally, I'm not wild about Blue Mountain, as it's too bland for me. I'm a Maxwell House guy. More bite.

Negril
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

At Selina's in Negril, we have been buying from the same supplier since 1998, when we had our other business. Our beans are grown in the Blue Mountains at an elevation of over 5000 feet above sea level, and freshly roasted right here by Bigroy.

Not only os our coffee authentic, it is also top quality, and extremely fresh.

As for our food, we use top quality ingredients, no msg or pre-packaged items. We use EVOO, fresh Jamaican produce and whole wheat bread, flour and freshly grown and pulverized herbs from a local herbologist. (Harrison's Herbs and Spices).

Although we are not perfect, we certainly aim to please and will accomodate special requests and diets.

As with any business, telling the owner if you are unhappy is always the best way to go, as we are all trying to survive in this time of hardship.

Peace, and respect.

Further queries to selinascoffeebar@htomail.com

Selina.