We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA meet-ups in Negril?

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
TA meet-ups in Negril?

There is this great restaurant in Akumal, Mexico, called Lol-Ha, and there is a web-cam right next to it. They have regular TA meet-ups throughout the year, and all meet at the camera around 5 and wave to the friends at home, it's a lot of fun putting faces to people that you've chatted/messaged with. They have another one in Playa del Carmen too, I think. Does Negril have anything like that?

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

www.realnegril.com...

has a live webcast from a wonderful variety of locations around Negril.

They have parties and people can talk to their friends online through the webcast and their friends can chat using the chat room.

They've had groups of over 150 wave at their friends.

Or...there is a still webcam at Coco La Palm....but it's difficult to wave at.

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

So do TA members meet up on a regular night during the week? Or do you need to send a shout-out before you leave home on this site?

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

There is no formal TA meet up day...that I know of!

If you would like to meet other trip advisor members on a particular date...definitely give a shout out!!

Check the www.realnegril.com webcast schedule and choose one of the days & times from there....and then give a shout out!!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

Just to add, here are many more forum members in negril.com's message board then on this one that make arrangements to meet and no better place than at one of the realnegril.com live webcasts.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

I've been to several realnegril webcasts and they are always fun :)

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

Very cool! I always get my best info, hints and tips on new locations from people I've met on message boards--will have to check it out! Thanks for the info! 25 more sleeps!

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

Wantogo, if you drop in on the live broadcasts before you come, you can get an idea of some of the music you'll hear...you can maybe decide which one of the times and locations would be easy for friends and family at home to click in on and then let them know of the time and place to "meet" you here while you're on vacation. Chat to them right there in front of the camera. :) Maybe they'll get the bug to come over here too sometime.

Be sure they have the link to the homepage in advance so they can bookmark the site and download anything necessary so as to be able to join in as soon as they log on.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

The realnegril.com webcast/chat is very addicting. I thought I'd just take a quick glance and that was all she wrote... Be sure anyone from home who wants to join in while you are there does practice ahead of time... It took me three webcasts before I had chat, sound, and video!!! You have to have all the latest updates. Those links are provided on the realnepal.com website.

Rob and Lisa do an incredible job!!! Pretty fun to hear your "name" shouted out from Negril!!!!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

geez... make that realNEGRIL.com. I don't know why I have Nepal on my brain lately.

Middletown, Rhode...
Level Contributor
589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA meet-ups in Negril?

I have yet to remember to catch a live webcast! There are 2 sites that don't have links, not sure what to do with those (the Boat Bar and Chicken Lavish?) But I got some pretty cool info from the site-can't wait to check out 3dives, looks like my kind of food and hang-out--plus, now I already know what to bring my husband home that he'll actually love and appreciate-the man is a fanatic for good jerk seasoning/sauce!

29 more sleeps!!!!!!!!