We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Boston
10 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Hello-

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon to Negril next July (I know, probably not the best time to go weather-wise). I've been looking at Tensing Pen and Rockhouse. My fiance loves both, but thinks we'll need A/C in July. I believe all the villas at Rockhouse have A/C. Does anyone know which rooms at Tensing have A/C, most of them are available for July? We're also running on a pretty tight budget, so I know Tensing is more affordable, but does anyone think Rockhouse is worth the splurge? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,156 Reviews
Jamaica
Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Husband and I will be staying at Tensing Pen in October. We tried to split between Rockhouse and Tensing but there were no vacancies at RH. I know that Sea Grape I and Garden A both have A/C and I think a couple of others. I had heard that TP might be adding A/C to other cottages...but I'm not sure about that. I am going to take lots of pictures and post a review when we get home....then if you have any questions....I may be able to help. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Mentioned in this post
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,156 Reviews
Jamaica
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Having AC in July is recommended. Often sea breezes and a fan are enough but often not. If you go to negrilonestop.com the information they have on both resorts is quite extensive and will indicate which units have AC.

Rockhouse is the more social resort of the two with a public restaurant, beautiful cove setting and a good size pool. Tensing Pen is the more intimate of the two, small pool and has a much smaller cove.

Both are great choices but it is a personal decision to make. I've stayed at TP many times and Rockhouse twice. I think you will enjoy either one equally.

Mentioned in this post
Rockhouse Hotel
Rockhouse Hotel
1,156 Reviews
Jamaica
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Hubby and I visited Negril this past July. We split our stay. We spent the first 4 nts @ Sunset at The Palms then we moved on to Tensing Pen for 4 nts. We stayed in Rock Cottage II (it has A/C). Rock Cottage II was wonderful, our private 'lil oasis ;-)

If you'd like, you can send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'd be more than happy to share some pics with you ...

Naomi :-)

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Sunset at the Palms
Sunset at the Palms
2,894 Reviews
Jamaica
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
boston
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

Tensing Pen without question especially for a honeymoon.

Mentioned in this post
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
954 Reviews
Jamaica
5. Re: Honeymoon help! Tensing v. Rockhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 18:20