We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Our trip started with a friend picking us up at 2:00am to take us to the airport. Neither of us could sleep, even though we did try to get a little in before he came.

We arrived early and were first in line to get our boarding passes, which was important seeing how we refused to pay a rediculous amount extra to pick our seats ahead of time (spirit air). Everything went smoothly and we were on our way!!

We arrived in Montego Bay at 11:30am and by the time we went though immigration etc.. it was about 12:30.

It didn't take us very long to find a taxi, they really do swarm you with all kinds of offers. We were gonna take the juta bus but met a really nice guy named Dane that offered to take us there for $50.00. He let us take our time and made a couple of stops for us for a red stripe or two :)

My husband has never been to Jamaica and this was only my second time so it was interesting to see the things I missed the first time around. It was also fun watching my husband look around wide eyed with many questions. Dane was great and made us feel relaxed and informed during the ride.

We arrived at the Blue Cave Castle around 2:30pm. I couldn't wait to see mikes face when we walked in. I had told him so much about this place over the last 10 months and now he was getting to take it all in. He was amazed that they didn't even have to ask who we were, took us directly to our room and didn't ask for the credit card, lol. They don't bother with that till your leaving. It really is a magical place. So quiet and peaceful, you almost feel like your in your own bit of paradise, well I guess you are.

Our room was deluxe room 3. This is by far my favorite room. Very spacious and clean. A queen size bed and two twin beds. You have a terrace facing the ocean and the grounds and also a good view of the beach. There is also a little nook before you enter the room from the terrace to sit under incase it rains :) It was perfect. We unpacked and just sat out on the terrace for a bit to soak it all up. We couldn't believe we were finally there!!

A bit later we headed downstairs to check out the grounds and met some great people from Florida. They were a married couple and an older lady, 81 as a matter of fact that could dance anyone under the table... (more on that later ;) We sat and chatted with them for awhile and decided that we were both starving and headed down the road to Choices for dinner.

I had been here before and really liked it so I was eager to return. It was quiet, we were the only people there but the food and the service was excellent. We both had the sweet and sour chicken with rice and peas, a salad, and pumpkin soup. The soup was the best. Soooo good!!! The service was great, polite and sincere. We sat for awhile talking and realized just how tired we were. We hadn't slept since wed night and here it was friday night.

We headed back to the hotel and layed out on the terrace watching the stars for awhile and then off to bed we went. haha it was only 8:00pm

Level Contributor
790 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Sounds good-- keep it coming

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,760 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Great lead-in. Hope the rest of the vacation was near as nice. Looking forward to hearing about it (especially since we've never stayed at BCC, but have thought about it a bunch).

Cheers! :)

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Love to hear this first hand report! Keep it coming! Sounds wonderful so far!!! I can almost feel myself there with your review!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

Oh goodie, a trip report :) Ike took our power out for a few days and I am just back online.

3 is your favorite, huh? I've been in 4 or so rooms there so far and the PH is my fave but I am trying lower tower this next trip...

Greece
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

"polite and sincere" lovely description and rings so true. I will be sure to check out Choices.

Venus

x

6. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:23