We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

We both woke up early in the morning and headed down to the tiki hut for some Blue Mountain Coffee. My husband is a coffeeholic and couldn't wait to try it, lol. Ofcourse he loved it!!

We talked with Jodi, Randell and Pat, the people we met the day before and they introduced us to Rasta John. I guess he does alot of the websites for people in Negril. Very nice man. He was working on a website so we didn't disturb him for very long.

When we finished our 3 cups of coffee we headed for the water. It was calm and as smooth as glass. So beautiful. Mike couldn't get over how clear it was. It was time to jump in...... wow the water was the perfect temperature!! We jumped off the cliffs a bit and floated around. We explored the cave a bit and mike was in heaven with all the little critters he could find. (he has a 55 gal salt water tank at home) He was like a kid in a candy store. It was really fun to watch.

After we got our fill of the ocean we headed back to dry off and met Amber and Tom. They were staying in the penthouse. Very nice couple. They saw how much fun mike was having and offered us their snorkel gear when ever we wanted. How nice of them. We all sat chatting for a bit and then we headed upstairs to shower and change.

The best part about this vacation was being able to take your time with everything. No tv, radio, phone etcc. was such a welcome relief to us. No worries.

We met up with Delroy who has been Rasta Johns driver for the last 8 years and he brought us to the highlow for supplies and to exchange some money. We stocked up on snacks, juice, red stripes and rum. Yummy!!! Delroy brought us back to the castle and we stocked the fridge with our stuff. A couple of red stripes in the freezer cause I couldn't wait to pop one open.

Mike went back down to the water and snorkeled for hours. I sat up on the terrace and read for a bit, took some pics of mike having fun and just relaxed. I was perfectly content. Mike unfortunatley didn't have as much fun when he got out and realized that he didn't put any sunscreen on his back!! It was bright red, Ouch!! Poor guy, he usually doesn't burn but the sun in massachusetts has nothing on the sun in jamaica, lol. Time for some aloe!!

We met up with the gang a while later and Famous Vincent was driving by in his boat. We made a appt with him for 9am the next morning with amber and tom. This was going to be exciting, I have heard so much about him.

We all decided to head down to sea star for the sat night buffet and entertainment. They have a free pick up and drop off shuttle so away we went.

We had an absolute BLAST!!! I had my first rum punches of the trip and boy did they taste good. The food was simple but good, jerk pork, chicken, fish, rice and peas veggies etc.. After we filled our tummies it was down to the dance floor to watch the band. A few songs later and we were a dancing. Even my husband who never dances was up there shaking it every which way. Pat, the 81 year old Just kept going and going. Boy that woman can dance. She was the life of the party.

The band was great, very entertaining. The singer kept having me finish the lines to his songs and I became quite good at it. I am usually pretty shy about stuff like that but all was good. We played some darts and a couple of games of pool, laughed alot and danced some more. The staff here was great. Very involved, talked with us and danced with us, it was great!!

I was tempted to jump in the pool fully clothed because I forgot my swimsuit but I refrained :) boy was I hot though!!

We stayed for a long time dancing the night away and having a great time with our new friends. When we finally decided it was time to head back to the hotel they brought us back. What a fun time we had :)

We hung out on our terrace for a while with amber and tom talking about our kids and stuff and then made our way to bed with smiles on our faces.

What a perfect day with perfect people!!

Memphis
Level Contributor
139 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

Sounds like you had a blast. Great review. Did you post your first day as well? I didn't see it! Where did you guys stay on the cliffs. We will be there in Oct. on the cliffs too! Soooooooo excited! Glad also to hear about famous Vincent! and to hear about your night at Sea Star! Loved the review!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

thanks for the comments on the first 2 days :)

I will write more when I get home tonight!!

Angel

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

Nice! You know my first trip to BCC was in Jan 2000 and Rasta John was living there then - is he again?

massachusetts
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

No he wasn't living there. He was just visiting and working on a new webpage. I believe he travelled with Randell, Jodi and Pat. I know he left with them anyway :)

5. Re: Trip Report: Negril sept 5-12!! Day 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 12:25