We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nurnburg Germany
1 post
Save Topic
December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Ok, so I am still here in Iraq and with about three weeks to go until I get home. Going on 15 months here at this point. My fiance and I have been planning this wedding for nearly a year now. With all I have read on this forum, I am truly expecting a perfect wedding. She is so deserving of a perfect wedding and I really think we will come as close as possible at SN. We will be there Dec 13-Dec 20 and the wedding is on the 17th. If anyone else is going to be there then I'd love to have a toast with you at the bar. I think I did the right things, Butler room, extras on the package and so on. Hoping of that upgrade to the River Suites.. we will see though. Months of reading everyones reviews and this is my first post. If anyone has any advice or thoughts, I'd love to hear them. See you in December...

Wythe Co., VA
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Thanks for your service. Married last Dec at Sandals and we are returning 18-26 Dec. this year. The wedding is great. Very professional and not assembly line. We read many of the reviews, but found the bad ones unfounded. I think that either people are just looking for something to be wrong or it's Sandals competion making things up. Food, rooms, beach are great. We like to fish so we went out with locals twice and caught tuna. This year I am taking tackle since the locals equipment is very used. The one thing we did do is take Tim Air. 15 min flight to the resort instead of the two hour van ride. Cost round trip was 350 dollars last year. They land two blocks from the resort. I think it was money well spent. Anyway good luck We may cross paths.

Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My fiance and I are actually going to be getting married at SN on the 17th as well! I am a little nervous, but I've heard good things so far...maybe we'll run into you there and have that toast. Good luck:-)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Congratulations!

December in Negril is magical.....the weather is perfect this time of year and no doubt Sandals will provide you with a dream wedding. I will arrive 10 days after you leave for my usual Christmas/New Year's trip, and am staying down on the cliffs.

I am really glad you are going a few days prior to your actual wedding day, because by the 17th, you will definitely be in that wonderful island vibe and more relaxed.

You will find Jamaica and her people to be some of the most friendly, genuine folks you will meet.

I would encourage you to go exploring in Negril - safety is not an issue in the tourist areas.

Perhaps you could treat yourselves to a romantic dinner OFF the resort at either Kuyaba on 7 mile beach or down at the west end cliffs at The Rockhouse. Make sure you go about 6pm-ish to enjoy the sunset. Both places have great food and service -I think The Rockhouse even has a wine list and they both accept credit cards, FYI. You will sit outside on a deck overlooking the sea.

But regardless, try not to plan to many activities and take time to just chill and enjoy eachother. There is a term we call "sand gravity" that means once you are comfortable in your beach lounge chair, it's sometimes just too much effort to leave it.

Make sure you print out the map in case you do go exploring - www.negrilinfo.com.

Again, congratulations and may you always be as happy as you are today!

Grand Haven...
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Congratulations! I also want to thank you for your service. Yamangurl said it all very well. Jamaica is a beautiful country with wonderful people. We usually stay on the beach but have been to Rockhouse for dinner at sunset and it is truly stunning. They will pick you up with no charge and a taxi will bring you back to SN for about $5.00. Enjoy your trip!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding (and getting back to your country safely - we are all proud of you!!). It is so endearing how much you want the day to be perfect for your lady...you will have a perfect day! We were married at SN on February 1st, 2006! The Wedding Coordinator we had (MiShel) is the sweetest, the spa does impeccable hair and makeup, the staff is phenomenal, the resort is beautiful, seriously - perfect! The most difficult part for us was narrowing down the pro pics to purchase! Fortunately, our other guests had digital cameras, so we knew what good shots we already had.

I wish you all the very best!

Safe travels, be well and be happy!

Cheers...

Anna, Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

congratulations on your upcoming wedding & thank you for serving our country.

We just got back from Sandals Negril, you will love it, ask for Rory as your butler, he is the head butler @ Sandals and he is amazing, he will take good care of you and your bride to be. I will pm you some emails of people @ Sandals, there you can request your butler & be sure to tell them of your wedding & hopefully you"ll get that upgrade.

The River Suites are amazing! When you meet the bartender named Andrew....tell him to make you a Silent River & that Nancy from Texas says hello!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time! And once again, thank you for serving our country!

Cameron, MO
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Hopefully you are home by now and safely in the arms of your fiance. My fiance and I want to thank you and all of the other soliders over in Iraq for the many sacrifices that you make to protect our county. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. We will be at SN December 9-16, getting married on the 11th. We would definitely love to toast to your safe return and service as well as the beginning of our marriages. Take care and we will see you at the bar or on the beach with a fruity drink in my hand!

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

Thank you for your service - and welcome to the board!

I will send you a virtual toast - congratlations on your upcoming wedding. Enjoy your time in the sand!

9. Re: December Wedding at Sandals Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 10:16