We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Couples Resort

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Which Couples Resort

Hope someone can help us. We are interested in going to a Couples Resort in February but cannot make our mind up which one to go to.

Can anyone recommend the best one to us?

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Couples Resort

There is a bulletin board on the Couples website, why not register there and ask the experts?

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Couples Resort

I've stayed at CSA 3 times and CN once with a second planned later this month. I don't have a favorite betwen those two. They are different, but equally nice. The sugestion to go to the couples message board is a good one. Your question gets asked there all the time. Do a search and you'll have more than enough opinions to be thoroughly confused, then flip a coin.

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Couples Resort

Thank you for that

I will look now

Apreciate your help

Independence...
Level Contributor
485 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Couples Resort

If you post this question on the Couples Board www.couples.com you will get a variety of answers. Many repeaters are very loyal to their resort. Each Couples offers a unique experience and which one you chose is really dependent on what you want in a vacation. CTI in Ocho Rios won't have reopened yet as they are undergoing MAJOR renovations. CSS also in OR offers a private A/N beach with pool, bar and grill. They are all suites and jr suites. They also offer full room service 7 a.m.-11p.m. They have a private main beach and the resort is mostly on cliffs. CSA is on a portion of 7 mile beach but offers no A/N beach. The beach at water's edge is a public beach with guests from other resorts and vendors walking through. The resort is spread out with some rooms having no TV's and windows with screens and shutters, but no glass. Some rooms have large verandahs with hammocks. Room service is continental breakfast only. CN is located on the Bloody Bay portion of 7-mile beach. It has an A/N beach with a bar and hot tub. CN is known for it's swim bar and pool. All the resorts have included Cat Cruises, scuba, and snorkeling. All resorts have offer some sort of drink service on the beach. All the resorts have wonderful staff and great food. Just keep researchiing and viewing photos here and on the CMB. You will find you keep visiting one resort site more than another and that will be the resorts that "calls" to you. We have visited CTI 2X and have yet to find anything to compare.

Fort Wright...
Level Contributor
393 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Couples Resort

Great advice above - definitely go to website and see resort and rooms pics. If you are a beach lover, nothing can beat the beaches in Negril; Ocho Rios side of the island is also pretty with lush foilage and beaches, but just not the beautiful beaches you have in Negril. We tried the Ocho side after 3 trips to Couples Negril, came home and booked a trip to CN for 8 months later. Enjoy paradise.

UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Couples Resort

Thank you all so much for your help.

I have had a look and it makes it even harder (In a good way) We have been to Sandals before but I think in the UK they are pricing themselves out of the market.

I think we will go to either Couples Negril or

Swept Away.

I will let you know what we decide.

Thanks again

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,197 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Couples Resort

We went to Couples Sans Souci a couple of years ago, the food was excellent - the room service - steaks - you couldn't beat it. But the beach was not the best, it seemed as though they had brought in sand from elsewhere and the surface appeared whitish - at times - as though it has concrete mixed in with it! The location is not the best either as you couldn't walk along the beach like you would in Negril.

They have a nudist beach - which was the better beach as you could see the sunset from that beach.

They were in the middle of refurbishing some areas so don't know what the rooms are like now (our room was very nice - sea facing - but needed upgrading).

They did give a free trip to Dunns Falls which was a fantastic experience and definitely worth trying. Luckily I had a strong man in front of me who helped to pull me up some of the steps!

I would definitely like to try Couples Negril or somewhere we could walk along a beach.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Couples Resort

There is something to be said about swimming Al Natural in Jamaica MON!....

Boston...
Level Contributor
205 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Couples Resort

We're off to CSA for our 6th visit in 5 years. We love the beach, and the food and facilities are fabulous! If you're into working out, they have a great gym (outdoor, so go early) as well as tennis (with pros), indoor airconditioned raquetball, yoga, powerwalking the beach, you name it! Can't wait to experience the refurbished spa - serenity pool with a buddah, etc.

We also love the room furnishings - very Jamasian - white linens and dark wood. Simple and clean.

The service is outstanding! Although we don't have long term friend relationships with any of the staff as some on the Couples Message Board seem to, we have always found the staff to be happy to go "above and beyond," and not just because they recognize us from times before.

One note, though....although Couples has a strict "no tipping" policy, I'd recommend bringing small bills to tip your waitstaff, bartenders, maids, etc. If you're discreet, I think tipping is appreciated. Just my 2 cents on that one....

I'm confident you'll have a great time regardless of which of the Couples resorts you choose. Browse their website and see which one feels right, and then ENJOY!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Couples Resort

I would definetly go to Couples Negril. One of the things that I don't think was mentioned is that of all the properties, Couples Negril is to some considered the crown jewel. They are very "Green" as all of the properties are. But CN has been able to preserve the very natrual feel to the resort. Many people think when they go there that it is older then it really is, she just celebrated her 10 birthday. But to look at the trees and vegatation on the grounds you would think it was older.

Also, on the beach there is not a need for huts because of the palms and the sea grapes that dot the shore line. Giving you a lot of shade.

Being one of the smaller Couples resorts it has a strong sense of family, although they have that at the other ones as well.

But as someone said, if you go to the Couples board you will find 4 different answers to your question and hundred different reasons for the answers. Which ever one you decide on you can't go wrong.