Hello everyone. Thank you in advance for any info you may give. My Wife and I are trying to plan a trip to Jamaica for our honeymoon in January for 1 week. I'm kind of stressing over where to go (Negril, Mo Bay, or Ocho Rios) and I was hoping I could get some input. This will be the first vacation for both of us.
I think what we are looking for is:
- Clean, modern place...maybe new. My wife doesn't like the places that use floral or tropical fish bed spreads, and the like.
- Nice beach
- Nice pool
- Quite would be nice, but we also don't want to be bored...we need some sort of entertainment.
- Over 18 is a plus but doesn't matter
- I would like to go on a couple good excursions
- We aren't interested too much in the night life. My wife doesn't drink much.
- I would like to do some snorkling
That's the basics I guess. We first looked at Montego Bay but I heard the beaches aren't as good as the other locations...then I liked Negril, but the resorts almost seem like they are TOO honeymooney (this is our first vacation trip so we don't want it to be ALL about romance)...and from what I've read Ocho Rios is very touristy and it's really busy.
I don't know what to do, Arg! Lol