We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

ST. ALBERT
Level Contributor
30 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

We are staying at the Riu Club in January. Does anyone know if we can us the facilities at the Tropical Bay too?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

I would doubt it.

The ClubHotel Riu Negril is a different (lower level) class of Riu property than the newly reopened and rebranded Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay. Generally the practice is that Hotels and ClubHotels share facilities but not with Palaces, although Palaces may use the facilities at Hotels and ClubHotels - RHIP, LOL.

Sorry.

Gregg

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
583 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

It will be interesting to see. In the past if you stayed at the RTB, you could use the newer Club RIU facilities, but if you stayed at the newer Club RIU, you could not come over to the Tropical Bay..technically...

I'd try and reach out to them, although threads on this site say they are not responding to emails so quickly... You might have a better chance reaching out to the more established Club RIU for that answer...

Happy Travels,

"BBB.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

I think the only real issue you'll have is trying to use their restaurants. The staff are very easy going in regards to pools, bars, beach, etc, but the restaurant situation is a different story. Going during the day will most likely not be a problem, but the evening you will probably be turned away.

Greensburg PA USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

I have stayed at the RTB two times. I booked once with Apple and the other with Go-Go travel. Both time we went in the last two years we could use both place freely. Food,drinks, anything. We walked to the RCN and was able to do what we wanted. We never got asked anything. Hope this helped. Jcin

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

Nope. Riu Tropical can use Riu Club, but not the other way around.

Stonewall, Manitoba
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

Just returned today!! We actually witnessed a group of young men (teens?) from Riu Negril trying to use our bar for drinks and they were refused service - different coloured wrist bands.

ST. ALBERT
Level Contributor
30 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

Thanks everyone for the input. We may just give it a try and see what happens!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

I just returned Sunday night from RIU Negril Club. You can indeed use the facilities at Tropical Bay -- but not the restaurants without paying a fee of 100 dollars.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

Hey Berns,

Met some people at the Riu club who went into RTB one day and got a drink, same people went another day and were refused.Suppose it depends on the bartender! I don't like to be refused anywhere so checked with the club management and was told that we weren't (understandably) allowed use the RTB facilities.

Maryland
Level Contributor
184 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Club To Riu Tropical Bay

The Riu Tropical Bay used to be just a Riu, however, they did an extensive renovation and have upgraded it to Riu "Palace". You normally cannot use Palace resorts, but palace guests can use the other Riu properties. I'm sure there are different color armbands to differentiate the two.

We are headed to Riu Palace Tropical Bay end of February, please post your review so I can check it out before we go.

Have a great vacation!!!!!!