We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Andover, Mn
9 posts
Save Topic
Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

My wife and I are taking our 6 kids ( ages 12 - 19 ) to Negril for Spring Break. We are staying at Coco LaPalm. We stayed there last year and loved it. We are wondering if we stayed on the Cliffs, where would be a good place. Xtabi comes to mind, but don't have any info on accomidations for 8. Any suggestions??

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

To be honest, the cliff resorts are really not suitable for children nor can accommodate large families. Sorry.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

I don't know, depending upon if the kids are good swimmers or not, a cliffside experience might not be bad at all, and if the youngest is 12, it's not like they are toddlers crawling all around.

Perhaps a good choice for the family might be something like Seastar tho, which, while it isn't directly on the cliffs, is very close to them.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

i think most of the patrons that stay on the cliffs do so in part to get away from kids and running and screaming and whatnot.

although your kids are at the upper end - keep in mind that the cliffs have no gamerooms, no activites planners, no sailboards, no jetskis, no tennis courts, no soda fountains, no sand to speak of, some don't have pools, some have small pools, some have saltwater pools and most importantly... no fences or railings of any kind throughout most properties - it is often a 20+ foot drop to the ocean below in many spots - it is not a place for horsing around (not saying your kids would do that, just saying it for the benefit of others)

texas
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

I agree with Rawlus my youngest is 14 still dont like to take him to the cliffs to stay it still to me to tempting for him to not see the danger when the water is ruff at time it is calm one day the next day is different Cliffs to me for younger crowd, is a day trip when water is calm but for vacation stick to the beach

U.S.A
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

I have just returned from the seastar inn on the cliffs in negril.

It is located across the road from the cliffs so is not a danger to the children.There is a pool for the children,also a pool table and free 24 hr internet,my children had a great time there,they give you a free breakfast for everybody which can save quite a lot of money,the staff were great,entertainment great,I had no problems at all neither did the other families that were there during our stay.I think blues pirate comment was a bit off the mark and he jumped in far too quickly.The cliffs can be great fun with children too.

Seastar inn is just across from ricks cafe,they have a 2 bedroomed apartment which sleeps six but i am sure if you ring or email the owner chris he will sort your sleeping configuration out,nothing is a problem there and everything is all nice and clean.

There is also a free shuttle bus every day to the beach if you miss the jet skis that much!

enjoy yourselves

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

w0rk,

Typically when someone is asking about staying on the cliffs it means ON the cliffs. I feel that I must correct you too on the location so as not to mislead anyone. Seastar isn't across the road from the cliffs nor aross from Rick's. It is in fact about 300-400 yds. up Seastar Lane. Once you walk down to the main road it's about another 100 yds. to Rick's to your left. Staying at Seastar IMHO does not give someone who has never stayed in the west end a true feeling for the area either.

U.S.A
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

blues pirate is correct on location,it is not directly across the road but it is once you get to the bottom of the lane which is just like a long driveway.Ricks is to the left at the bottom of the lane very comfortable short walking distance(basically at the bottom of the street)We went out regularly with children in tow.

when first timers to the cliffs say the cliffs I think they mean the cliffs area in general and do not neccessarily have to be hanging over one or sleeping over one,We got a great feel for the area,I think a lot depends on how good your hosts are too and the info they give you,when we checked in at the seastar inn we had 3 pages full of laminated information,full of useful things to do places to go and useful telephone numbers.

We purposely chose to be slightly set back off the main road as it was not so dangerous with the children and I heard seastar was the place to be on a saturday night and it really was!they have live webcasts from there too so your friends back home can see you having fun brought to you by realnegril.com and the 2 people running that lisa and bob are great.I think for the money they charge and the friendliness,cleanliness,professionalism and very good entertainment also security you could not go wrong with the seastar.We visited other establishments while we were there and ordered out of various restaurants and we were happy with what we chose and will return.You do not have to carry cash around either just charge to your room and everything was correct upon payment.It is just a small clean well run place with a swimmining pool and a very good band/singers/drummers

U.S.A
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

oops I wrote bob instead of rob who runs the webcasts sorry,

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

Easton brought this up on another post but it might work for you as well. Llantrissant. The more people, the more affordable.

Next time a big group of us go down I would love to stay here.

Ashland, Virginia
Level Contributor
772 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cliff Resorts For Family of 8

Try the moon light villas. It is rustic but you could rent the three rooms on the 1st floor(they are huge). It has a kitchen upstairs so you can cook some of your own meals. The owner Debbie (she is Canadian) has some life vests for children(2). Tell her Fargo sent you