We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green Flag Service at CSA

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
118 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Green Flag Service at CSA

I am so excited! We booked our honeymoon trip for 7/21 - 7/31. We booked a Beachfront Veranda - Yeah!

I have a couple of questions...

1) Can you tell me about the green flag service; is there a cost? what does it entail?

2) Add any advise you think I might need to hear. We are going to have a fabulous time as I am an avid trip advisor fan and have done a great deal of research.

Thanks.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
329 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green Flag Service at CSA

Hi meyer3mel:

It's all-inclusive, stick the flag in the sand and a waiter will come and ask what you want.

Goto

http://www.couples.com/08messageF.htm

amd join the message board there.

All your questions will be answered.

Enjoy your honeymoon!

Alberta Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green Flag Service at CSA

Note that at the couples website if you try and post anything negative (even a question about something negative) the moderators won't post it...kind of annoying and frustrating.

We just got back from CSA on Tuesday...had a WONDERFUL time (read my review). The previous poster is right. You can either ask for a flag at the bar or else a waiter will bring one out to you if you are just sitting there. When your drink goes empty you stick it in the sand and they will come out and take your order and bring it to you. They often come around with cold face cloths as well, and occasionally come and offer you a fruit kabob!

Advise:

If you don't want to be bothered by vendors, put your chair away from the shore line. The shore line is public beach so the vendors walk up and down all day. But they can't come into the beach area unless you call them over. If you are near the shore line they will most likely ask if you want to buy what they are selling each time they pass. From reviews I read this bothers a lot of people, but it didn't bother me at all, I'm a laid back person. A simple "No thank you" will send them on their way. A recent review said the security did nothing to stop the vendors...Well guess what, they can't! The shore line is a public place they can sit there all day if they wanted. But the security was good, because if the vendors were bothersome the security would walk up to them and tell them to keep walking and they usually would. And I seen many time how guests (must be repeat guests) would call the vendors by name and act like they were old friends. I never once felt unsafe around the vendors, so don't worry about that. And be expected to be asked if you want to buy some pot...it's normal! You'd be surprised how many people actually buy it and how many times you will smell it at the resort. Most people go to Jamaica to do this! I chuckle when I hear that people are offended by this.

If you say hi to the staff they will say hi back...don't expect them to say hi if you do not look at them. Respect! If you are nice to them and give them a smile, they will likely give one right back. You don't smile all day at your work do you? Don't let the reviews that pick at the little things bother you. It's all a matter of personal opinion and in my opinion those people are really too picky!

Keep checking up on the day's activities cause there is always something happening. Try and make dinner reservations as soon as you get there. When we were there we had no problem and could get reservations the same night, but it might be busier when you are there. Also, make sure you don't book dinner for a night when something is happening (i.e. the Ship Wreck Party).

If you have any more questions send me a message.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
3. Re: Green Flag Service at CSA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:17