We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples swept away or couples negril?

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Couples swept away or couples negril?

We have traveled to Jamaica once last year and stayed at Sandals Dunns River, We are wanting to try the other side (negril). We are going to try a couples resort, im still wanting to go to sandals whitehouse. But Couples will save us over 1000 dollars. I have checked online and realize these two are very alike. What are some differences between the two, and what room to get at each one. I think my wife is leaning toward Swept away more than couples negril. Any help would be appreciated!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
744 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

Hi backniowa,

Each of these resorts are supposed to be fantastic in their own right. The biggest difference between the 2 is where they are situated. CN in Bloody bay which is a much quieter beach with only a few hotels around. CSA on 7 mile beach which has the same beautiful beach but obviously not quite as private. Many other hotels, restaurants, and beach vendors.

CN is a more compact resort so never a lot of walking to be had, CSA spread out so you may have to do a fair bit of walking.

Everyone seems to have their favourite, although everyone also says whichever you choose you won't be disappointed.

If you visit www.couples.com and go to their message board you will see this question asked many times, with many helpful answers to all types of questions regarding the couples resorts, from people who seem to visit them time and time and time again. They are extremely popular.

Hope this helps

Glenys

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
468 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

We have been to both and prefer Couples Negril. It really depends on what you are looking for in a resort. CSA is very spread out while CN is compact. CSA is on 7 mile beach which can get busy. CN is on Bloody Bay and is much quieter. However, both beaches are beautiful.

We stayed in a beachfront suite (old side) at CSA and a garden suite at CN. We preferred the garden suite. It was large with a great bathroom and we did have a view of the water. Our room at CSA was much smaller and right on the beach path so sometimes noise was a factor.

Food at both resorts was very good. CSA has more dining options but the service at CN was better in our experience.

If you can't decide perhaps you could do a few days at each; they are only a 5 minute drive from one another.

Alberta Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

Just throwing my 2 cents in there. I haven't been to CN, but I just got back from CSA. Don't let the "CSA is big and is spread out" thing scare you away from CSA. It wasn't as near as bad as I expected after reading people talk about it. It may be difficult for elder people or people with disabilities, but it doesn't take long before you are at the other side of the resort.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

I am a beach lover and fitness buff so CSA wins for me. I also love the Atrium suites at CSA and the expanded dining options. I personally enjoy how expansive the resort is, yet it maintains an intimate feel.

CN has an AI area if that matters to you.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

"CN has an AI area if that matters to you."

I meant to type that CN has an CO area.

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
468 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

CN has a nude beach area not clothing optional. We did not use the area but those who do seem to really enjoy it.

Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
329 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

Hi:

Tuff choice between the 2 resorts. We have been to CN once and SCW twice. Beach and rooms at CSW are better than CN but food and service better at CN.

If you want "true" beachfront rooms, CSW.

Not sure what to add.

Can't go wrong with either resort.

Have a great trip:

8. Re: Couples swept away or couples negril?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 02:16