We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another rockhouse question?....sorry

Arkansas
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
another rockhouse question?....sorry

I have so many ?'s sorry - but - does RH provide any free breakfast, if so what - I know they also have a order and pay breakfast. Are coffeepots in room and if not, would you recommend taking a small one I could leave there? I am a coffeeholic...need it as soon as I awake and sometimes all day...thanks.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

I am glad you keep posting questions. We are newbies to Jamiaca and have our first trip coming in May - we are staying at the RH.

From what I have learned - no free breakfast and no coffee maker in the room. Hubby got a little travel coffee maker for Christmas along with a package of Blue Mountain Coffee!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

good I will look forward to you review after yuo go - since I have been to Jamaice before I know some stuff - just nothing about the cliffs - but I know it is beautiful - and you can search in the search window for all kinds of quesions about RH - just seems like I can't find the exact questions I am searching for...;-) so I have to ask these wonderful people..and yes I am now goin to take a small travel coffee pot.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

I take my own coffee maker. A 4 cup does the job on vacation. Don't forget the filters... especially if they are the small coned size. Hard to find sometimes.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

A coffee maker in the room is "a must have" for me to! And I bring my own little do-da to get by if they are not available. I don't leave mine there because I use it for my fishing trips to Canada in the summer!

charlotte, nc
Level Contributor
349 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

No free breakfast although it's very good but can also get expensive everyday. If this isn't an issue for you then have at it and don't forget that room service is included so you can eat breakfast on your patio overlooking the ocean! You can also walk right next door to a local place called Sips and Bites and get a locally prepared breakfast for half the cost.

There's also a little convenience store right across the street called Fosters where you can stock-up on Red Stripes, Rum, and fruit juices. Again, beers and mixed drinks from the resort add-up real fast! Last year we stayed for 3-nights and I saved over a hundred dollars alone just by stocking the fridge.

Another note, their restaraunt is obviously known for great food but don't overlook the pool bar menu. The food on that menu is also very good!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,500 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

Sips & Bites is very good. Another one that is a few minutes walk away is Erica's.

NJ
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

I was going to say sips and bites next door. No free meals, but the location makes the meal seem free.

Not sure if anyone has asked for a coffee pot when they go. Last year at Idle awhile, my mother requested one as she gets headaches and oddly enough coffee helps at 2:00am. Netx thing, the coffee maker was there. Sometimes all ya gotta do is ask.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
481 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

thanks for food and drink advice- I plan to stock the fridge with drinks but I do love Gin and tonic - what kind of Gin will I be able to buy there? any name brands by chance? If not, I also enjoy Red Stripe ;-)

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
372 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

We take a kettle and a small french press and then get Blue mountain coffee when we get there. If you get up early, you can go to the Rockhouse bar and get a pot of coffee. There is a great convenience store across the street where you can buy everything including alcohol. Sips and Bites is great for breakfast as is Rockhouse. Enjoy your trip, Rockhouse is truly a wonderful resort. Make sure you go to the spa and also reserve the private table at the RH restaurant for dinner. there are actually 2 private tables, one is free and the other has prix-fixe dinner and costs about $90.

10. Re: another rockhouse question?....sorry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 01:17