We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

Whats the best All inclusive for a couple who is 26&27? we want to be around other people (couples or singles) our age and dont want to spend a ton of money.....Hedonism seems to cater more to the over 40 crowd....is it true that Negril has the best nightlife? Would Montego Bay be a better option for our age range???? Please help i want to book trip tommorow!

Side note: yes i accidently spelled my screename wrong its supposed to say JerseyGirl but they wont let me fix haha...

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

We booked thru apple vacations and got a great deal at a 5 apple resort Rui? (we are thinking). Depending on the time you are going, their will be people your age due to spring break...easter break. Good luck. You will have a great time no matter where you go.

Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

We are going July 14-20th

lew
houston, texas
Level Contributor
848 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

I'd highly recommend Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away. Check their website. They have an awesome messageboard where you can meet up with others going the same time as you. Also alot of great info there.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

Welcome to the forum. Have you decided on a total budget for your vacation including air fare, accommodations etc? It will be easier to make recommendations once this is known.

Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

I would prefer not to pay over 1300 per person. I want an all inclusive. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if i should go to Negril or Montego Bay and it seems Negril caters to a younger crowd 20 somethings, but then i hear others say its doesnt im soooo confused! i dont want to be in a trashy hotel with teenagers but i dont want to be around all senior citizens either....a nice mix with good nightlife would suffice. My boyfriend and i want to relax but have fun too i.e. watersports, nightclubs, etc.

when i went with my friends before we stayed at the Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios and for us that was nice....it was a good mixed crowd...i wouldnt mind somethin like that.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

As rates stand right now you should be looking at places like Grand Pineapple and Merril's for an inexpensive AI. Both are decemt resorts mid-beach, low on amenities, but great location for off-rssort nightlife. But you may find a good last minute deal at one of the RIU resorts if you are prepared to wait until a couple of weeks before your trip. That would be my recommendation. Couples will be outside of your budget.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

In my experience, no matter what All-inclusive you go to there will be a good mix of ages.

Since AI resorts, mostly cater towards couples and tend to be more on the expensive side, you won't find college kids at these types of places.

I have been to 3 different AI resorts in different places (Negril, St Lucia, and Mexico) and the most of the resort was from mid-late 20's to 40-50's. A good mix that you won't feel out of place either way.

stl mo
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

Hey Jersey Girl-can't give you any rec. on Negril, as this will be our 1st trip to that part of the island. We did go to Breezes Runaway Bay last year in July and had a blast. It's an active resort. Lots of fun! Great food, great drinks, great entertainment! Also, your not far from Dunns River falls, which in my opinion is a must. Hubby and I had so much fun a couple years ago, we went again last year. Hope this helps.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

It can be hit or miss with the age group at any resort at a given time, but we found CSA *typically* a little bit older. I think that may be due to the higher cost?

How about the Royal Decameron MB? It's a decent resort at a good value price. When we were there it had a younger crowd than CSA, and very few children. From what I read in reviews/posts, that seems like it might be more the norm for that resort. Plus it is right by the hip strip, so night time partying is close by.

When we "encountered" the hedonism cat while at Pirates Cave it had a definitely older, hippie type naked crowd... who were all about letting us all know how uninhibited they were when they performed sexual acts in front of us. If you want wild, crazy and anything goes, then I think Hedonism is it.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Young Couple seeking AI in Negril

Deb and Kev:

older, hippie type naked crowd

I agree with old and naked, but 'hippie type?' How could you tell they were hippie type? They were naked right?

JerseyGril, BRB may be out of your budget, but it is a nice place for your age group or any age group. You may want to get a quote on the Super Club web site.