We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Negril and excurions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Negril and excurions

Hi. Have just booked a holiday in Beaches Resort Negril for August with my family. Was just wondering what is the best way to book excurions? Is it best to book at the hotel or to venture out on your own? Also, does the hotel charge more for these trips than other companies outside. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

We always inquire about booking at the hotel. Then look for a day available that works for us. If it is wide open then I book the day before or the actual day we want to go

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

I will be at BN in August! This will be the 3rd year in a row for us!

We have always booked once we got there. The excusions desk is usually staffed for most of the day and we have never had any problems booking what we wanted to do. We couldn't see that they were charging more than if we booked with other companies outside of the hotel. What we also liked with booking with them, if you asked, they sorted out your packed lunches and notify you of any changes. The are able to answer any questions and they make all the calls. So, you just told them what you wanted to do and then went off to relax while they sorted out the details!

Have fun!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

Thanks for that. We'll probably book them from the hotel then - a lot easier anyway I suppose. Seeing as you have been before are there any tips you can give us for our first time? Anything we should know? Thanks. What dates are you going in Aug?

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

Dates? LOL trying to remember. I think it is around the 12th August for 2 weeks.

Tips: As soon as the plane hits Jamaica, remember to SLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW down! Jamaica time is a lot slower than regular time and once you realise that things just go a bit slower, then you start relaxing.

Bring LOTS of sun screen. Think about how much you think you will need and add half to that! It is hot at that time of the year and you really do need to keep the sun screen topped up.

Don't bring loads of clothes but do have at least 3 swimsuits each with cover ups. This is what you will live in 90% of the time while you are there.

Make sure to bring some sort of hat/head cover for everyone and sunglasses.

If your little one is not potty trained. Bring at least 3 swimmy pull ups per day you are there. They are very expensive there.

Bring your little one some sort of cup with a cover and always keep it with you. When it emptys just go to the bar and have them fill it up with whatever you want... apple juice, orange juice, milk, etc.

Bring some STRONG insect repellent and keep it on everyone!

Bring a few pool toys for the kids. The ones you blow up. There is Beaches floats but little ones like other things as well in the main pools.

I will try to think of more.

MA
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

Why so much with the insect repellent? Is there a problem there? I'm thinking of going to Beaches Boscobel in August.

uk
Level Contributor
503 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

thanks Ukusa, some good advice there!!

We are going in 2 weeks!! Just about to start my Vit B supplements to see if they work. Last time we got rather eaten!

Getting very excited now. The last time we came to Jamaica,we went to Ocho Rios...great people but the resort was too "manmade" and large for us (SSJ Grande).

So we wanted to try Beaches in Negril

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

August tends to see a rise in mossies and they can be vicious. I have only ever received but a few bites but DH gets tons every time. Last time he had to see the doctor for an anthistamine shot. So, be prepared.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

Thanks for the tips, i'll make sure i get loads of mossie repellent then..

Can't wait - thanks again....

9. Re: Beaches Negril and excurions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 14:28