We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback riding worth it?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Carolina
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Horseback riding worth it?

Has anyone done the horseback riding tour?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

I have...sadly i dont remember the operator. I do knoe\w they are on an old plantation..something like plataion/beach horseback tours. I recommend it. It was my 1st time on a horse. You go in a group and they make stops along the to take in the gree..I mean scenery.-:) They will also take you for a gallop along the beach, or slow walk in the water leg high. On the gallop i nearly fell off, but my lady tells me I looked really funny. So i guess it can be good for a laugh too if you have novice like me along.It's worth it.

-Tonyb

Falmouth, Jamaica
Level Contributor
148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

I went on ride with Country country-there in little london area and they pick you up in taxi when you pay for ride..It was highlight..Great people who care about the horses on a wonderful-nature filled spot and they take you down to deserted and beautiful beach and then you not only get to gallop on the sands put also go swimming out in the ocean!! Our guide Dion was the a gentleman who really loved the horses..One of those once-in-a-lifetime moments to ride in the carribean on a horse..and they literally do go swimming out there..

I dont have there contact info handy..but Sienna from Talk of the town tours helped book it..You can contact her on her website and she'd get you the info.

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

We went with Hooves, it was absolutely worth the money, we had our 2 children with us too and we all l oved it! We rode from the plantation house all the way down to the beach, went galloping in the sea, had a rest and lunch, then made our ride back to the big house with a little history talk on the way.

I would defiantely recommend it.

Our horseriding pic is just to the left here

<<<<<<<<<<

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

Hi can you tell me where the Hooves place is - I am going to Runaway Bay in July and am keen to go riding. I may be on my own - there are 11 of us going but although my daughter rides she was put off beach riding in Bali - would I be okay on my own (female)? Can you let me know roughly the cost?

Lynda

Bedford, England
Level Contributor
463 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

Hi LL

All the info you need is here incuding prices restrictions etc and yes you will be fine on your own. http://www.hoovesjamaica.com/Beach%20Ride.htm

hth

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

Thank you very much for the information

Regards

Lynda

7. Re: Horseback riding worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 00:17