We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northwest and baggage allowances

Memphis
Level Contributor
244 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Northwest and baggage allowances

Anyone know the deal on NW baggage checkin? I know they started to charge for bags, but not sure how many you are allowed to check and carry on now? I'm a Frequent Flyer with NW, so not sure if that helps.

Thanks, all.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

Have you checked their web site? Most airlines have this information on their sites.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

If you are Silver status or greater there is no charge and you can check up to two bags and carry on one bag plus breifcase, purse or backpack. If you do not have any status all above is still the same but they charge $25 per bag per leg.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

From their web site:

**For travel to/from Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, the first and second checked bags are free. All other "Domestic" policies apply as indicated above.

Memphis
Level Contributor
244 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

anod1...I did check their site several times and it said as you quoted...the only reason I was asking on here is due to a recent newspaper article saying that ALL bags were to be charged now.....was not sure if the website had the latest information.

Thanks, good to know NW is being nice!

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

Dunno about you, but we have a NW flight coming up. I printed the section in their website on baggage limits that states exactly what anod said above...highlighted that section so I could find it easily and confirmed via telephone with a ticketing agent.

Memphis
Level Contributor
244 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

Good idea...we are flying direct from Memphis to MoBay, so will have quote in hand in case "there's trouble."...thanks DHC.

Michigan
Level Contributor
453 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

Just got back on Wednesday (flew NW from Detroit to Mo Bay) and I checked 2 bags for free. No trouble at all, but I took a print out from their website with me just in case. :)

Just an update from Sangster - Jamaica has a new airport departure fee $2.50 US.

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

Good to know that international flights are different than their domestic flights. Thank you.

9. Re: Northwest and baggage allowances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 23:21