We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals negril question

naperville
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
sandals negril question

I just booked a short 3 night surprise anniversary trip for late this month at sandals negril. We are very frequent travelers, but this will be our first all inclusive experience in 6 years since our honeymoon at sandals dunns river. Just wondering how sandals negril compares to dunns river in terms of quality of food, pool, rooms, etc.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
562 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals negril question

I love sandals negril we are going for the second time where are you staying

naperville
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals negril question

we will be at sandals negril from Apr 26-29

Essex, uk
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandals negril question

Been to sandals negril 3 times but not been to dunns river, so sorry I can not compare. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer.

naperville
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sandals negril question

I do have a question. Do the dining options other than Kimonos require formal dress or will shorts and a polo shirt work? Also, for women, what time of dress is acceptible? Since this is a surprise, the less formal clothes she has to pack, the less she will wonder where we are going.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sandals negril question

Hi, I'm not big or remembering the restaurant names or which one is the fine dining ones but I can tell you this. Nearly every resort & all Sandals that I know require long pants & a colored shirt for men & something nice for the women in at least two of the finer dining restaurants. The Girls get by easier than the men as it seems mostly anything will do, just no denim anything for anyone & some open toe shoes are not acceptable sometimes

That said SN is awesome, you all will have a great time.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandals negril question

"require long pants & a colored shirt for men"

Just want to clarify - This should say collared shirt, as in the shirt must have a collar (not color - :-) )

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sandals negril question

opps

ha ha ha

Yes

collared

Essex, uk
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandals negril question

Sundowner is the white glove service (Near to river suites), you have to dress up for this in the evening. Previous posters are correct must wear collered shirt and closed toe shoes for men. Think you are allowed dress shorts for men. However I once got turned away at this place. I was wearing dress shorts and a nice flowing top? So beware. Not sure about bearfoot, you might need to dress up for this. This is a seafood place and I don't like seafood so only beeen there once? 4 c's is resort casual, but usually very popular place (Italian). Go early or book then go back and get changed. Bayside is resort causual.

9. Re: sandals negril question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 14:42