We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How old are y'all?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
How old are y'all?

Sensitive to some but you dont need to answer if it offends.

I'm 25 and gf is 22 and we know good company is good company regardless of the age of the person. I expect Jamaica to have a slightly older crowd than me but that dont bother me as i say.

Just wanted to get a feel for it!

Who's first? lol

Springfield...
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How old are y'all?

Husband and I are both 30...second trip to Jamaica coming up! The crowd in Jamaica is much more laid back comparatively to Cancun. About being older, idk. Our first trip to Jamaica was when we were 22 and we didn't feel like the young ones at all.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How old are y'all?

I'm 47, the wife's 42.

We're both 18 when under the influence (me mostly)!!

I was 18 for most of our recent Negril trip!!

;-)

SS

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How old are y'all?

Age is what you make of it. Some places can be crazy party places with younger people and some can be more laid back with an older average age.

I'm 27 and I prefer the latter...most of the time.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How old are y'all?

Singing Soldier....that was hilarious!!! I am loving it!

I am 46 and hubby is 52. We have been going to Jamaica for a long time. Trust me, you will see people of all ages in Jamaica. Anyone from parents take their kids for family vacations, lots of wedding and honeymooners, up to the retired folks who seem to practically live there. LOL!!!

Depending on where you choose to stay, you will see people of all ages enjoying a Jamaican vacation. ;-)

IrieLady

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How old are y'all?

My husband & I are both...53 :) The beauty part of Jamaica is you can be young or old to enjoy it...a few years back we had a 4 others tagging along for the trip, the oldest was...84 & he had a BLAST!!!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How old are y'all?

Lol at SS. I'm 25 going on 30 now lol

I know where your coming from easton too. after 4 years of university i've settled down and have a mortgage now so dont really go as mad as i used to go! I'm equally happy somewhere quiet with good music, drink and company!!!

No doubt i'll have quiet a few late nights when i'm over in Negril but i'm sure i'll have one or two quieter ones too!!!

Keep the replies coming folks. I'm getting really excited and its all i think about now as i booked it back in October 2008 and i now leave in 19 days!!! yeeeehaa

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How old are y'all?

Gareth

We had a few quiet ones also!!

Unfortunately the batteries don't recharge as quick as they used to!

A few emergency Red Bulls were quaffed occasionally when an extension of the evening was required!

SS

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How old are y'all?

Singin Soldier I'm with you, under 18 for most of my holiday, well it takes a while to go through all the cocktails on offer to decide which one you like ;>)

In real life I am 39, my husband is 44, and he's not only under 18 but under the tables too, they can be quite strong those cocktails!!!

Deadwood, South...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How old are y'all?

Will be 43 in September. YIKES! Where did the time go?

chesapeakeVA
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How old are y'all?

Husband and I are in our late thirties

36 and 39.

4th trip to Negril, I think you'll notice different crowds at the different places you'll visit or stay. From the more conserative resorts to the nude resorts.

NO Doubt you'll have a pleasant time however, I do on ocassion read a negative review-I myself beleive fun is what you make! The environment is a givin - I consider it paradise. If you can't have fun there well I believe is a personal issue.