We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Thank god we booked early. The cheapest flights now to Montego Bay for the week in June we've chosen are a minimum of $729 -- that's the highest price I've ever seen!

texas
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Same here all the flights from Mexico are being moved to Jama ica and other places. Taking up My good rates. Darn....

Chicago
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Flights from Chicago have been as high as I have ever seen them too and not any direct flights as in the past. Does any one know if apple or funjet is still flying round trip charters to MoBay?? Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Actually, the $729 is for a red eye. The others are $799 and above. Ouch!

Montana
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

We would have welcomed that price when we flew last year ($1800 combined). Flying out of a small market can be a burden on the trip budget.

Peace.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Thats what happens when AJ leaves a market and the whole Mexico-shift to Jamaica.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

Hey Gerry I feel ya!

I miss that AJ non-stop flight.Hoping Jet Blue will take on that route, but hearing AA might do that non-stop someday too.

I found the best prices from LAX with 1 stop on Northwest/Delta. What I like about their websorte is that you can checkmark the little box that your dates are flexible; once you do this a calendar will pop up showing you what the flight would cost if you travel on certain days.

The best rates are mid-week. I found a fare for the Christmas season for $501, which is cheaper than what I paid last Christmas!

Chicago
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

I found that apple has direct charter flights to Mo Bay on Saturdays. Round trip is between $300-400. Not too bad. They say that AJ also will be offering direct flights slao very soon. I guess we will have to see about that.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
541 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

We are leaving from phila to negril on usair they were 800 for the both of us.

Clifton Illinois
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

First week of July - Chicago to Montego Bay - Air Jamaica non-stop for $974 round trip for two. It's a little expensive but we acually gain almost a full day in Jamaica because of flight times so to me it was worth it!! Looks like i booked just in time because now even the flights with layovers are outrageous!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
541 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight prices from Los Angeles are INSANE

We got on usair with no stops we get there at 2 in sandals which is better because there is no waiting in lobby I hope are room will be ready