We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril question

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
75 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Negril question

Going to sandals Negril in August for our honeymoon. I had booked the garden view plane jane room. Since reading reviews, I am thnking of upgrading. My thought is upgrading to the concierge level. Worth it? Suggestions? Help? Thanks

Essex, uk
Level Contributor
460 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril question

For a honeymoon yes! To order breakfast and have it delivered to your room while you shower and get ready for the beach. To have an in room bar. Don't think you even get a balcony with the 'plane jane rooms'.

Cramlington, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril question

We had a Beach Front Rondoval at Sandals Antigua and the service was fantastic! You have your own butler (well you share them with other concierge guests) and they quite literally look after your every need!! They will unpack and put your belongings away on arrivalm run you a scented bathm ready for your return from a hard day on the beach, book dinner reservations, excursions, and so on!! Ours, called Lancelot, even offered to have all our clothes washed, pressed and repacked for departure!!! Honestly.....it's another level!!! We did not use ours as much as some, and you do need to respect them, not abuse them, but they are trained in the UK at the Guild of English Butlers, so they know what they are doing!!!

Ian and Jacqueline

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril question

Just to clarify - the last poster is talking about a butler, not concierge. With concierge, you have the in=room bar, bathrobes, and someone you can go to for dinner reservations, any issues, etc. You will also do check-in in the concierge office, rather than the main lobby.

With the butler, you have what the last poster was talking about - someone who is there to take care of all your requests, as well as packing and unpacking if you desire, surprising you with bubble baths and other niceties, as well as having your check-in in your suite.

We will be there August 1st to the 9th, and have reserved a beachfront walk-out concierge room. What are your dates?

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
75 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril question

We are travelling August 24-29!! At this point, I want to upgrade. Butler or concierge? Sorry about the million questions and thanks for all the help so far!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril question

I guess it really depends upon what your budget will allow. It's +/- $1000 more for concierge from where you are now, and +/- $2000 more to butler.

Anyone who has ever had butler (like the previous poster) absolutely rave about the attention your butler gives you - all the little extras they do for you. They will reserve your chairs on the beach or at the pool, usually with a cooler of drinks, and probably snacks, too. The butlers usually provide a cell phone to you so that you can call them whenever you have a question or a request. You can also get immediate seating at restaurants with a butler.

Personally, if it were my honeymoon, I'd splurge on the butler. We have booked a butler room at Sandals Antigua for our 25th in November 2010. They make a special occasion even more special. :)

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
546 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Negril question

We had a butler last year in sandals negril I didnt think it was worth it I always felt like I was bothering them, you can do the same thing with a concierge room get fridge stocked and bring some out with you, if your in the beachfront room your so close to the beach just book your dinners that morning you can always get in the main room. 4c's you might want to do right away.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril question

I would definitely get concierge at least for your honeymoon. We also booked Honeymoon Beachfront Walk-Out Concierge Room. It is I believe the highest concierge room before Butler Level Suites.

8. Re: Sandals Negril question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2009, 06:16