We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drug screening at mobay airport?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Drug screening at mobay airport?

SO I just read on the MoBay board that they are stepping up security at the airport and someone got pulled for a urine screening? Is that even legal? Has anyone ever even heard of such a thing?? Wouldnt you miss your flight by the time they did all that and got results back? Very odd!!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

sounds like BS to me.

Wilmington,NC
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

i heard it was stool

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

high-larious.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

They can't get Michael Jackson's tox screen done in under six weeks and they're going to test you before a flight?

I don't think so.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

for other circumstances (i.e. pregnancy and bladder infections), urine dips are typically a 20-30s process ...it's just a matter of dipping a litmas type paper in the cup and waiting to see the colour change... i've had plenty done and got the results in minutes. (i.e with every pre-natal visit you do a urine screen for protein.. i've watched them do it and it's bonehead easy)...

i imagine they have simple screens for other things, it'd likely not be a complete analysis, but if they knew what they were checking for it'd be much quicker (i'm assuming they test for only one or two things... in full-blown tox screens and such they do not know and test for everything and then some, some take longer than others and some tests cannot be done in paralell ect... ),

not saying this is the norm or something that happen at MBJ, just that it is, to me, a feasible process from a chemical standpoint...

Chelle

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

actually, you can test for marijuana or cocaine and get the results in five minutes; you can buy a test kit at your local drug store for about 15 dollars.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

Dont laugh, the workers may be trying to get clean urine for co workers who will be tested, or for others facing testing.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

Pure BS. They are not going to go to the time or expense, let alone any kind of legal issue that may be involved to do this kind of testing.

The only real kind of testing that goes on at the airpot is when you arrive and they all test you to see if you want any..

9. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2009, 14:17
Maryland
Level Contributor
974 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Drug screening at mobay airport?

I recall some time ago a poster said he/she was stopped and tested. There was a lot of discussion and no one else had ever heard of it or had it happen. I concluded it was BS and it sounds like the same thing again.

The Jamaican economy relies heavily on tourism so why would they do something like this? Besides, why would they care if you had drugs in your system when you were leaving the country?