We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to wear?

edmonton alberta
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
what to wear?

getting married at CSA but never seen or been to a jamaican wedding...so what does the groom wear...shorts sandels...any ideas???

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to wear?

I just replied to a smilar question. It is currently just below this thread.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to wear?

sorry... go to Jamaican threads or Montego Bay threads to see what I wrote.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to wear?

We have stayed at CSA for years in the Beachfront rooms so we watch a LOT of weddings, from our balcony, sometimes 4 a day.....

The couples wear anything from formal wedding attire ( which looks way too hot and stiff for a beach wedding ) to casual linen slacks/shorts for him and a white/ivory sundress or similar for her. Have seen couples get married in everything from bare feet to 4 inch heels....IN THE SAND.

If your wedding is more casual, your guests will feel comfortable enough to dress the same. We've seen too many men sweltering and sweating in 3 piece suits. The Wedding Coordinator often stands there with a washrag to mop their faces.....

It's your wedding....wear what you feel the best in- but remember it's warm and you are on the beach.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to wear?

Also, I forgot to mention that there is an entire INDUSTRY built around Destination Weddings, an any Bridal Shop or Bridal Magazine is a good source of info for you.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
828 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to wear?

It all depends on how formal you want to be. Generally if a man wears a tux, it usually seems to be white. But if you want to be more laid back find an alternative to what you are both comfortable. with. My husband and I are renewing our vows at GLN in august. He is going to wear a light blue linen tunic top and cream colored linen pants with sandals. I am wearing a white knee length dress. Also are you getting married on the beach or in a gazebo or where? that can help determine how formal it should be also. Relax, everything in Jamaica is laid back and there are no rules! Congratulations!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to wear?

Regardless of where you have the ceremony it's hot in Negril, and you will want to do some photos on the beach.

We have seen the photographers taking photos and some of the best spontaneous shots are when the couples lie in the sand or the groom carries his bride out into the Sea at Sunset.....so don't spend a fortune on your dress if that sounds good ot you!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
428 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to wear?

Try islandimporter.com for the groom.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to wear?

Hi...my husband and I were married last year in Negril. He wore a white linen shirt and khaki pants....we went barefoot. Very casual and absolutely perfect. Please feel free to pm me and we can talk more.

Happy and Safe Travels...

Turtle

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what to wear?

One of my favorite wedding photogs for Jamaica weddings is www.sungoldphoto.com

I mention this so that you can log onto their site and see what some of the folks in their wedding photos are wearing and this will give you a good barometer for what you want your wedding to look like.

I assume you will be using the photog provided by CSA.

Congrats by the way!

10. Re: what to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2010, 06:35