We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

I am going to Beaches with my daughter at the end of August. Beaches offers their Red lnae Spa and WOW its expensive. I am very familiar with Jamaica and know there just must be some really good places along 7 mile beach or elsewhere in Negril to get an awesome massage or reflexology for less money. Any suggestions? My daughter is old enough to leave at Beaches for a few hours if I was to go off-site along the beach or to the cliffs?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

I'm not sure about prices but on the cliffs there are a couple of places - Jackies on the Reef is beautiful and gives wonderful treatments and Moondance Villas on the cliffs also has a spa and I've heard great things about them. More off the beaten path so that you could really get out of "resort head".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

These are exactly the kind of recommendations I am looking for! I LOVE off the beaten track travel and used to be a real off the track expert on Jamaica years ago. I am only staying at Beaches because they are offering a GREAT single parent deal in August (I am recently widowed) and its a safe place to allow my 12 1/2 year old daughter to run amok and have a blast! When she is older we'll stay someplace small, comfortable (gotta have a good bed and a/c) directly on the beach and eating only local food. I saw someone getting a massage on the edge of a cliff at Jake's Place on the south coast once and wish I could make the trip because when my husband was ill (cancer) I imagined him in heaven and that is EXACTLY what it looked like. Just not sure its a place to bring my daughter or a place to travel on my own and leave her for so many hours at Beaches.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

two of the best i think are jackies on the reef and the spa at rockhouse.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

Libbylulu we just got back from CSA and right about next door ( few steps down the beach) there were some ladies handing out pamplets for massage. They sure seemed very professional, had on white uniforms and said they were all certified in massage therapy. They charged half the price that the spa at CSA was charging. We didnt end up getting a massage, but if I would have I sure think I would have gave them my buisness. They were really nice.

5. Re: Good massage or Day Spas off-site of Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 07:15