We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

uk
Level Contributor
207 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

hi

has anyone got any experience of leaving a yound child ( 15 month old ) in the care of the nannies at the Beaches Sandy bay or any of the other Beaches resorts?

not sure if id feel comfortable leaving her as shes so young but if its a common thing and the nannies were really good id consider it... i would like some time to snorkel and relax even if its just an hour or 2 !

thanks!

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

We went to Beaches Negril when son was 15 months (2007) and then again exactly a year later (2008).

This was one of our favourite parts of Beaches! Our son still talks about the nannies... particularly Pollyanna! Many times there were 2 nannies per child! He was VERY well taken care of. There is CCTV all over the creche and they really meet the needs of the child. My son loved having walks and playing outside and they would do it with him.

You just have to remember that your child probably will cry the first couple of times you leave your child, he/she will cry. That is natural and normal. If they don't stop crying, they WILL come get you in the location you say you will be. 99% the child WILL stop crying. (I talk from experience as I have taught children 3-11 years old for nearly 20 years!)

You can go peek in on them at any time.

The time son was in the creche was a very special time for my husband and I. It gave us both much needed couple time while also being able to have family time.

I just wish I could have taken some of the nannies home with me!

uk
Level Contributor
207 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

hiya

thanks for your reply.. i feel better now..shes a bit clingy so id just have to see how she is.. i was thinking whether to stay in a riu hotel the 5 star one and get a better accomodation but no nannies or stay at a beaches resort but have nannies when i dont know if id even use the nannies but its good to know they are there if needed.... decisions decisions!

can i ask you what u thought of beaches negril.. was it really rowdy and full of loud groups of americans ? was there any quiet places around the pool you could go?

we went to riu cancun a few years back and the resort was full of drunken loud irritating yanks.. i havent got anything against them individually but in groups i find them very over the top and irritating.. what was beaches negril like? was it the same but with screaming loud kids instead of adults?

thank you

Uk
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

LOL Jane, you do realise that 80% + of tourists that visit Jamaica are American & Canadian!!!

And I would say that a large proportion of Trip Advisor bloggers are American!!

:)

texas
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

lol hmmmmmmmmm

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

I am actually an American married to a Brit and live in England (thus the UK USA name)

Americans think I am British and British think I am American. So, I think I can be unbias.

I will be PERFECTLY honest. I find JUST as many rowdy, loud Brits as I do rowdy, loud Americans. As a matter of fact Brits kind of think they are entitled to drink as much as they can and then don't realise that Jamaican rum can be strong. (Last week I had to mediate between a very drunk Brit and a very angry Canadian because of some misunderstanding in words/meanings.

The family pool is louder. Not because of Americans but because of children. Anywhere there is children, there will be lots of noise. The other pool by the buffet is large and much quieter as not as many children are there (but are aloud)

The beach is also large and easy to find a quiet spot.

As was stated before, it is mostly North Americans (USA and Canada) as it is a hop skip and a jump for them as compared to UK. So, if you don't want to be around Americans, Jamaica will not be the place for you.

We LOVE Beaches and when I can afford it again, we will be going back! 2 years in a row will attest to that.

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

>> I was thinking whether to stay in a riu hotel the 5 star one

For one, there is no such thing as a five star riu

>>we went to riu cancun a few years back and the resort was full of drunken loud irritating yanks..

>>can i ask you what u thought of beaches negril.. was it really rowdy and full of loud groups of Americans ?

& for two, I am really sick of people from the UK with this attitude that all Americans are loud & obnoxious. Fools & idiot come from every place on the planet & quite honestly I would rather deal with an obnoxious load drunk person from the "UK" than an arrogant & ignorant person from the UK that thinks they are better then everyone else as they look down from up on their high horse.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

I would rather deal with an obnoxious load drunk person from the "UK" than an arrogant & ignorant person from the UK that thinks they are better then everyone else as they look down from up on their high horse.

Me too TRev WOW!!!!!!!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

I know I don't have too many posts here and am really a "baby" in the TA forums with regard to posting, however last night I was thinking about how sick I am of Americans being trashed.

TrueRevelations: Thank you for standing up and pointing out that idiots come from all parts of the world. It is a HUGE turnoff to come here and so frequently read about how loud and annoying we Americans are.

I apologize for hijacking this thread - I'm sure (or at least I hope) you don't really feel as though all Americans are awful.

Anyways, I hope you are able to find a resort with good child care. We are also considering a trip to beaches in 2010 with our twins who will be almost 2 by then and are cautiously curious about the child care. I'm definitely interested in hearing what people have to say about their experiences with beaches nannies and child watch.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

I hate these stupid nationality "discussions".

I have met stupid, drunk, rude, obnoxious people from all over the world.

Steretyping nationalities is childish and obnoxious in its own right.

Americans, Canadians, British, Mexicans, Jamaicans, Italians, Germans, Arubans, Bajans, etc...heck even local Hawaiians...

I have met annoying folks of all types. The only thing that links them universally is their annoyingness.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it safe to leave a baby in the creche at Beaches resorts?

At least American men don't wear Capri's. :)

The American bashing is getting a bit old. I work in a hotel in Las Vegas and I see people from all walks of life. The Brits here are just as equaly loud and drunk as the Americans, espcially when Ricky Hatton is fighting or there is a big soccer match.

We both have those types of people and I don't consider all Brits to be like that. Don't let a few Americans ruin your views on the rest of us.

-Mike