We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockhouse

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rockhouse

anyone that has stayed at the Rockhouse. i see there are four room catagories. the studio fits our budget nicely but i winder if we should upgrade to the next level. we don't need a fancy place but i also don't want to scrimp on a room and ruin our vacation. can you give me any advice? thank you.

NY
Level Contributor
557 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rockhouse

Hi markisOhio,

We have stayed at RH now several times and usually stay in the studio rooms. We did upgrade to a villa last year and it was nice but for the amount of money and the actual time that we were in the room, we decided that we would probably not do it again.

I think it is worth checking both out and then deciding based on your needs.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rockhouse

Here is a map of the resort created by forum member Rawlus.

http://home.comcast.net/~rawlus/rockhouse2.png

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rockhouse

Markis - I sent you a pm.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rockhouse

the studio rooms are nice. they are like typical hotel rooms - shared walls and celilngs/floors, white walls, square corners , etc.

for me they are too predictable/traditional.

the villas and premium villas are essentially private cottages, handmade and each unique. they share no walls with neighbors. not a square corner in the bunch. they are generally on the water, have patios or porches out front for lounging and admiring the view. for those who spend more time alone at their room, they are a better choice IMHO than the studios.

if you will spend most of your time at the pool then the studios may be a wiser choice. we always tended to relax at rockhouse, read a ton of books, order coffee to our room, stock our fridge with beers and enjoy being away from everything so the villas fit the bill for us much more than a studio would.

either way, it is a nice property and i can't imagine you being disappointed in whatever decision you make.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rockhouse

The Studios are OK. The villas are quite lovely but they are twice the price. I don't think you can hold a specific room but you can ask for one and they will try to accommodate. There have been posts in the past I was only able to find the following for you:

If staying in the studio rooms ($150), try to get #28 (corner balcony) or #27 (sea view out back).

Hope this helps. The resort is great, so you will have a great time.

ohio
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rockhouse

Thank you everyone for the advice. We booked for three nights and are looking forward to it. We have always stayed at the beach but we are excited to spend some time on the cliffs before heading to the sand this trip. We have a close friend that always told us we were missing out by not staying on the cliffs. we were supposed to meet him there next year but Cancer got the best of him. So he will be in our thoughts as we watch the first sunset from the cliffs.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rockhouse

Markis - curious - did you opt for the villas or stick with the studio?

ohio
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rockhouse

we opted for the studio but requested #20. it is my understanding it is more like the villas. hopefully we booked early enough to get our request. i understand it's a roll of the dice.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rockhouse

#20 is a standard villa but sold at the studio price because it is behind the pool bar and lacks a sea view.

10. Re: Rockhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 05:16