We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Custom and immg. lines

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Custom and immg. lines

What's been your experience with these when landing on a Fri afteroon? i know it depends on how many planes land. And no one really knows what one will be in for. But we have landed on Sat afternoon before.

WONT do that again!!!!!!!! Landed on Mon before (Not tooooo bad) But never on Friday. Just wondering what we might be in for. Thanks

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Custom and immg. lines

depends on what time of year sunny. Seriously.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Custom and immg. lines

Withrespect End of FEB 2010

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Custom and immg. lines

We were there on Friday 10-23-2009. We landed at 10:40am and we had our luggage and were at the Sandals lounge at 10:55. There are only two flights arriving on Friday these days.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Custom and immg. lines

Actually FEB 19 th I suppose what will be will be flight already booked anyway! just trying to get a heads up that's all

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Custom and immg. lines

Sunny....arrivals at Sangster on Fridays:

37 flights

28 of those flights are between noon and 6 pm.

Hope that helped

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Custom and immg. lines

Withrespect! Yep that helped alot.

Puts us right in the thick of things

our scheduled time is 318pm

Oh well!Least I now have an idea of what time to tell our driver. Last year didn't realize how long the line could take and tried to call from the line. Just to tell our driver we were coming out soon. GOT YELLED at for using the phone in cust. lines

So thank you Now we willbe able to tell him to come later than have him waiting so long for us> He could have been making money rather than just waiting so long for us. Moral of thestory ... DON"T use the cell phone in cust. line Even if it rings don't answer it Live and learn I guess Thanks

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Custom and immg. lines

We arrived at 10AM on a Friday two weeks ago and were in and out in 15 minutes.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Custom and immg. lines

WOW cebakes you lucked out!

maybe we will to WHO knows!

Just didn't want to time things wrong again this year and Have our driving waiting so long for us. I 'd rather wait alittle for him then to have him waiting an hour or more for us without be able to call him>

thanks

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Custom and immg. lines

We arrived at 1:20pm on Friday, 10/16. The line didn't take too long till I got up to the immigration officer. He apparently (unknown to me) entered the wrong passport # and asked me if I'd ever reported my p/p lost or stolen. I told him no and he said 'come with me'. Wouldn't let my daughter come with me since we were on different tourist cards. Left me sit in a waiting room without any explanation. I ended up in this 'room' for 45 minutes before I was released. I asked them to get word to my daughter but they didn't. Not sure who was more upset, me or her.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Custom and immg. lines

Yikes!Krim that sounds like something that would happen to my husband! Stupid things always happens to him and he his tolerance for that stuff is very slim!

We don't go til FEB. so i'll have to start now working on him to be prepared! and get in the Ja mode

can't start now it's too early.

thanks for that tid bit. any and all info I can get the better off we( Hubby) will be :)