We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Swept Away

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Couples Swept Away

Im looking to book CSA any feedback on the Great House Veranda Suites

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Swept Away

Check out the photos about 2/3 down here

negrilonestop.com/couplessweptaway_photos.sh…

and the interactive map here

http://www.couples.com/12sw/02swPanos.htm

Edited: 16 December 2009, 19:13
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
208 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Swept Away

Very nice Blues - is that your site? well done.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Swept Away

Not mine LOL

Just making use of the web info.

ny
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Swept Away

Thanks, thats very helpful, been to Jamacia several times, never to Couples just trying to be 100% this resort is for us

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Swept Away

It depends what you are looking for. I have been to many AIs and CSA has been my favorite since my first stay in 1988. It is not glitzy, flashy, contemporary or luxurious. It is lush, tropical, romantic, with a wonderful beach, great Negril location, very good food, warm and friendly service and a very nice vibe.

We enjoy the nightlife there as well.

Barrie
Level Contributor
555 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Swept Away

We just returned last Friday and stayed in the Great House - room 5201. Our room faced into the resort. We were the furthest back from the beach but we had a wonderful spreading view of the sea. There was no noise whatsoever in the room and we slept soundly. I must mention that while we loved our huge balcony we never did go out there as it was way to hot- esp. around 5/6 when we normally would have gone out there to have a pre dinner drink! Our bathing suits etc also dried better in the room. In the fridge there were 2 cans of Clamato, lots of fruit drinks like cranberry and pineapple, beer, pop, red and white wine. We didn't notice until too late but if you want a bottle of vodka/gin/ etc just check off the list inside the little cupboard. A large bottle will appear the next day for your use.

We have now booked the same accom. for same time next year. We love the Great House as the piano bar is there, the restaurant for breakfast(menu) lunch and dinner and also the grill restaurant is right out front.

I'll be doing a review in the next day or so. Trust me...you will enjoy!

ny
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Swept Away

Great thanks for the info I booked yesterday. I been to Jamacia several times with my kids (college aged). This is my first time without the kids and its our anniversary. I was always at the plush AI because the kids like them.I always have a good time and am sure CSA will be the same, hope its still to hot, as you mentioned, for me at the end or January.THANKS

Barrie
Level Contributor
555 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Swept Away

I have just submitted the review of the resort and I have included 2 pictures taken from our room in the Great House. I thought you might like to see them. It takes a day or 2 for the review to go through.

What a great place to celebrate an anniversary! Enjoy!

9. Re: Couples Swept Away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2010, 05:17