I've just booked to go to the RIU Negril in March and I just have a few questions of anybody is able to help?
1. If the RIU Negril beach is as bad as people say it is, how far would I have to walk to find a better beach, also, what is the situation with loungers? Are we allowed to use the RIU Tropical Bay loungers if the beach is better there or would we just have to find a nice spot and lay on towels?
2. I have heard that the speciality restaurants are restricted to once per stay, is this true or can I book as much as I like?
3. How far is Negril 'centre'? Would we be able to walk to local shops, markets bars etc or is it a taxi ride? And also is it safe to walk around the town on our own or would you reccomend a guide or organised excursion?
4. Where would be the best/cheapest place to book excursions (Dunn's River etc)? Are there any companies/people I should avoid when booking an excursion?
5. I have heard so much about the Jerk Chicken that I can't wait to taste it but..... is it very spicy!? (Thought I'd make the last question a bit light hearted!)
Thanks everybody, really looking forward to going so I just want to make sure I am prepared so as I can make this the best trip ever!
AlEdited: 15 January 2010, 13:55