We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer prices??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Topic
Beer prices??

Trying to decide if i should to AI or not. Could anyone tell me what the average price of a beer or mixed drink is??

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer prices??

Beer 2 to 4 usd for Red stripe, depending on the place

Mixed drinks 4 to 9 " `````````` ``` ``` ````````` "

Pittsburgh
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer prices??

We are planning on staying at Samsara or Xhabit near the cliffs. Any great bar/ restaurant suggestions, along with prices, would be awesome! Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer prices??

For Real has all day Red Stipes for $150J. Mi Yard and many other places are charging. $300J. Look for the happy hours if going non AI and you will be a happy tourist in JA!

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer prices??

There are plenty of places near by, basically find one that fits your needs at the time or try them all :-}

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer prices??

I was there last week and the beer at the Hi Lo store was still cheap. I talked to a friend and he said the the beer went up on Monday Jan.18 in the store but was still down on the beach on Jan. 21. They are being hit by new tax right now.

Ashland, Virginia
Level Contributor
772 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer prices??

Beer at the Hi lo was 580J per 6 pack 2 weeks ago.200J at a bar for beer I dont drink liquor so I cant help u there

Regina,Sask
Level Contributor
364 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer prices??

This question is of interest me and most likely others. So far only one TA member has stated actual dollars. Does anyone else know the approx. cost in US dollars or Jamaican dollars?

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer prices??

$1US =aprox 88 Jamaican dollars

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer prices??

Huh, duckster?

I count three people before your post who listed prices before cebakes posted the exchange rate.

Simcoe, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Beer prices??

Don't be surprised if that 580 J 6 pack is now over a thousand J at the Hi Lo store and I suspect it to rise at the bars on the beach soon.