We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

Philadelphia, PA
9 posts
Save Topic
Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

We are staying at the GLN 11/14-11/22. Is is necessary to make dinner reservations before we leave? If so, does anyone have the direct dial for the hotel (kimclayton@aol.com) - I can't seem to find it. What about manicure/pedicure reservations? Is the sunset cruise still available - I've read conflicting reviews that the yaught may have been retired/sold. Any other tips for this resort? Thanks, in advance, everyone for your replies.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
41 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

I would like to know this as well. I am staying at the GLN 12/4-12/17.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

The M/Y Zein has been retired.

If you can find the number, I would try to book the mani/pedi early as that books up quickly. The resort shouldn't be too full that week, so you can probably make dinner reservations upon arrival. We did it for two days after we arrived, the first days were booked. Piacere is SUPER and will accomodate any request. (Ask for lobster if it's not on the menu that night). They even fixed me a custom dessert since I didn't like the options on the menu that night.

The resort and the beach are great. (The pool is just so-so, but the beach more than makes up for it!)

We are on the Superclubs SUper Surprise that same week so here's to hoping for great weather! Enjoy.

Try the c/o beach at least once. And the jerk chicken at the c/o beach grill is out of this world.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

I found this on a website called www.allinclusiveoutlet.com Hope it helps.

Grand Lido Negril

P.O Box 88

Negril, Jamaica

Phone: 876-957-5010

Fax: 876-957-5138

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

Typically at Superclubs resorts dinner reservations are made the morning of.. Not before that.. So go to the activities desk first thing in the am and make your reservation then.. We would make reservations before breakfast.. So no you can't call ahead.. You will have to tell me how you like GLN, as I want to go there at some point.. Always sounds so nice.. Good Luck

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

I would ask about dinner reservations after you check in. When we were at GLN we booked two days in advance (after we arrived). But things may have changed since then.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

We were there last year at that time and had no problem. After we checked in we went to the conceirge and booked for the week. The manicures do book up fast. The only nights the restaurants arent open are Monday and Friday due to the beach party and managers party.

We leave tomorrow for GNL. I cannot wait!!!!!! The resort is wonderful and you wont be disappointed.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
387 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

We are at GLN this March and would highly recommend making the dinner and manicure/pedicure reservations in advance if you can. We were able to do this while others who waited until their arrival couldn' get in to all of the restaurants. We did meet another couple who reserved their first morning there. They were able to secure reservations for most of their days. One night where there couldn't get reservations, they called in the afternoon and were wait-listed and were able to eat there that evening. Good luck and have a great vacation. We loved our vacation at GLN.

Philadelphia, PA
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Lido Negril - necessary to make reservations in...

Thanks, everyone for your replies. We are calling GLN tomorrow to book in advance. We'll post a review when we return!