We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Does anyone know of when and where to try to find good fares from chicago to Montego Bay. Fares right now seem outrageous!!

Final destination.....Negril!!! Yeah! Never been before. Can't Wait! Fares are boardering on what we've paid for Hawaii in the past. Anybody have soooooooo many miles that they're willing sell for a reasonable price!! lol Just beginning the search for fares. Should I wait awhile or jump on the first decent one I come across? Planning to stay Cliff side for 3 nites then finally decided between CC and CCLP. Which was WAY difficult....Price prevailed. Help us Please!!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Keep checking everyday. I was in the same boat. I would have waited but we're attending my neice's wedding so I can't take the chance of the resort being sold out. So we just booked yesterday.

Try USA 3000. Not sure if they fly out of Chicago, but right now their non stop fares are at $199 each way, but they usually always discount those significantly.

Good luck!

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

I checked everyday for 3 weeks before I found a good flight price. Weekends are the worse. early morning or nights seemed the best. Most time have to be ready to pounce when you find a good one.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

roostergirl, You Jamericans from St Louis seem to get that $199.00 fare every year.

Air Tran is now serving Jamaica. I don't know if they fly out of Chicago though. Introductory fare of $300.00 RT from Milwaukee.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

I'm going in mid-April and haven't bought yet. Right now the good deals from Ohio are 4350 but only through March 10. I know from previous experience that my time frame will be next :)

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Good luck. Right now airfares to MBJ suck. We were there a couple weeks ago and were so fortunate that we paid $99 each way non-stop on Air Jamaica. Usually we pay over $500 r/t.

Going back in April and had to book through Expedia to get a decent rate. Trying to go back in Nov. and it's $700 r/t with taxes per person.

Think when the airlines see people aren't paying they might come to their senses...one can only hope.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Use Kayak.com to check multiple sites for the best price. If you haven't booked yet, you might want to wait. Find the cheapest airfare and then book. If you've already booked, just keep watching and be ready to buy. You may find a one day sale or something and need to be ready to jump. Otherwise, be patient, keep watching, and if you don't see the prices moving much, either up or down, you may want to buy then.

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

You may have to fly through other destination, there are non stop flights from Minneapolis,Deroit, St.louis or even toronto . Westjet,sunwing and air canada has some june fare as low as 200 usd roundtrip.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Sadly, with AirJamaica in limbo now and cutting flights ( to Chicago for One), there are gooing to be fewer options. Who knows what Caribbean Airlines will bring. I have been looking at prices out of Philly, but am nervous to book with AJ due to the divestment that is pending, and they have the best flight times...

ny
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

use itasoftware.com to monitor prices. (month long look) big advantage is you can look at 30 days of prices all at one time to find the cheapest days unlike so many other sites that only allow 1 or 2 day look sees.

Edited: 04 February 2010, 17:42
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP!!!! Need Air Fare at a decent price to MBJ in June!!

Yeah good luck...ya do have to check often and really stay on top of the fares.Mid-week is the best days for the best fares I have found.

Sometimes Tuesdays is a good day to book because fares seem to change midweek IF they are gonna change. Make sure in your travel search you check the box for flexible travel dates. And as already recommended, sign up for email alerts for changes in flight prices.

From LAX at least, the cheapest 1-stop fares are with AA and Delta/Northwest. I watched the fares for the last 4 weeks and they have stayed the same for that time frame so I just booked this week. Also, the site "Bing" does an airfare price predictor if you want to see what they think will happen to the fares. (Buy or wait)