We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

Going to Negril March 12th (Rooms on the Beach) - can't wait! We are trying to decide between the 2 drivers for airport transportation and a tour to Black River/YS/Appleton. Their prices are about the same (Kenny is a little more). I haven't seen many current postings for Alfred. There are 3 in our party and it is our 22 yr daughters first trip to Jamaica so we want it all to go smoothly. Any advice?

Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

I keep reading all these fabulous reviews for Alfred.

We made an appointment with him, and he cancelled with us last minute because he found a larger group to take. I understand he's trying to make money, but in my eyes, he's unreliable.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

wow...that's bad biz practices. I've heard nothing but good things about Kenny.

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

One of the reasons I recommend Kenny... is because of his reliability!

After email confirmation the night before my arrival...Alfred failed to pick me up at the airport. This was a few years back and I understand things can happen...but this was simply a case of "I forgot".

I've used many drivers and heard many stories of different drivers and Kenny stands out as one of the best.

mississippi
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

We are using Kenny for the first time in June for an airport transfer. This reminds me I need to email him about asking about a tour price.

Boston
Level Contributor
224 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

Contact info for Kenny please.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

We use Kenny when in negril..he is a safe driver, reliable and fun to be with..

Email him at kennyjamaica@gmail.com

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

Well I can't speak about Kenny but Alfred was great to work with. When getting ready to come this past Nov I emailed Alfred and got an email back within 2 hours. I confirmed with him 2 days before our flight there and he was waiting for us upon arrival. Had some cold redstripes ready and off we were to Negril. All was good and would use him again no problem.

Milford, Michigan
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

We booked with Kenny for a return trip back to the airport, and he was a NO SHOW.

Thankfully, Clives was at our hotel picking another couple up so we tagged along with them

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

I think if you look hard enough EVERY driver is going to of had an issue with someone. It is how they handle the issue that makes them credible to me.

Matt

Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation - Kenny vs. Alfred

I just called Kenny.....he said he only knows of one scheduled pick up where he could not locate his passengers. This was at SATP.

If this was you Adrian16....Kenny apologizes if there was a miscommunication. He told me he did show up just prior to the agreed time of 11:15am. He said he spoke with you the night before to confirm the pickup.

When he arrived the front desk said you had taken off with another driver. He said that could not have been you and had the people at SATP look all over the property for you. Once again....he apologizes for any miscommunication that may have caused this problem.