We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tim Air

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Deerwood, Minnesota
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Tim Air

We are thinking of taking Tim Air from Mobay to Negril. We don't mind the time on the bus, and we would only be taking it one way. I would like to do it to get a different perspective of the island. To see more than I would on the bus, as an excursion, as someone has previously posted. Has anyone had recent experience? I think it would be interesting and learning to see from a low flying plane. What are yor opinions?

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tim Air

I have used TimAir many times over the years. It is fun and fast and we do it when we can afford the extra cost.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tim Air

I went to TimAir website. That looks awesome. I enjoy flying in small planes like those.

Matt

Deerwood, Minnesota
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tim Air

currently $107usd per person, one way. I am leaning that direction.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
834 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tim Air

Hiya Bay

LennyJohn again

Yeah Ive done it a few times and it does cost but it is GREAT...

You know how the car ride to arrive is great but the one goin home is soo depressing? If ya dont mind the small plane you land across the street from Riu Tropical so a $5 ride to CCLP.

If you look at the flight as half transportation/half excursion to see the sights its more affordable and sine youre not doing A/I which would have included the xfer and now you would pay $60/70 then the air is more affordable.

You can reserve with Tim Air or not, so if ya get there and its stormy that little plane is kinda scary so then you get a cab and use the info supplied by the great folks on this board cause the guys at the airport will say $100 but you know from here you can reserve for $60-70...

Blue Pirate says this guy Kirk is good and how can ya not trust a Blue Pirate with 12000 posts????????

Also when its time to come home ya dont have to leave 5 hrs in advance.

Did not fly last time but doin it this time.....

chesapeakeVA
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tim Air

Just back from Negril - Timair was a great time saver.

We used this transfer one way, didn't mind the shuttle for the return trip to the airport. Its an expense about 214 per couple one way but a 15 minute ride. Great scenery and very exciting.

Enjoy

Deerwood, Minnesota
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tim Air

can you please tell me if you pre-booked? what was the checking in process like? how long after you cleared customs were you on the plane and in the air?

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tim Air

We have used Timair for each of our 7 trips to Sandals Negril and they are great. We always prebook. We are on the plane ten minutes after clearing customs. Th nice thing about prebooking is that your plane is waiting for you when you arrive.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tim Air

Absolutely prebook. You will save time and take off soon after you check in.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tim Air

By the way, if you prebook, you still don't pay anything until you get to their desk (#6) at the airport in Montego Bay.

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
853 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tim Air

Keep your prebook paperwork. They did not have mine the last time, but they let me access my email on one of their computers and sent us on our way. Definitely love Timair.