We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand lido

valparaiso, indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
grand lido

wiil be staying here 12/10/05 any info on negril happenings for the week or hotel info would be great.have stayed in negril before but never at the lido. thanks.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand lido

Just returned last night. Its not great to be me. This was our second time at the resort and I can still say it was truly fantastic. The staff and service are wonderful. How am I going to get through the day today without room sevice? Hungry and dont want to get off the beach to eat, Order from Room service and they will deliver food right to you on the beach or at the pool.

Food is outstanding. I have to say my favorite restaruant is still the Italian. We ate twice at the French. The Japanese is okay. Better than last year. Wanted to get sushi this year, but just ran out of time. Have to make reservations for either Sushi or table service, not both at the same time. Never ate at the Cafe Lido this year, but others said it was good.

We didnt venture to the c/o side but hear the beach grill is good.

Just enjoy!!!!!!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand lido

Greetings jm,

Glad to hear all went well for you! Could you just tell me if you noticed any difference in the beach condition this year from last? I'm just wondering if there is any remaining "scars" from this years storms.

Blessings and respect to you.

Greetings john,

You will LOVE GLN. Here's a couple quick suggestions:

GREAT snorkeling at GLN right off the beach.

DON'T miss the Grand Gala Dinner or the Beach Party.

Make a point to enjoy the room service. They will serve it to you almost anywhere on the property if you ask nicely!

At least once, make a point to get up at(or stay up until 3:30-4:30 AM and enjoy a hot meal and/or drinks by the oceanside.

You already know of all the fun things to do in and around Negril itself I'm sure... Enjoy Negril once again!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand lido

Hi jamaicasteve

They were working on the beach while we were there. They had backhoes and were dredging the beach. When we got there they were dredging by the water sports and were done in two days. It appeared they did the other end before us. I cannot comment on the c/o side since we never made it over there.

Overall the beach seemed to be the same as last year and in good shape.

And of course I agree with all your suggestion.

JM