We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

How far is it from tensing pen to pelican bar...that place just looks too cool to miss on my first trip to jamaica! what is the best way to get there?

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

Try googling "Talk of the town tours". We went to the Pelican bar with them on our visit. It was a day I'll never forget. TOTTT is run by a lady called Sienna and a guy called Solomon. Nice people. The trip was sorted out by email before our arrival, we met up with a crowd of peopole that we befriended on here! A great day was had by all. It was about an hour and a half coach trip then a short boat ride to the bar. Do it, you won't regret it!

Saying that, we were in Negril almost a year ago, I sincerely hope they're still in business!

Good luck.

:-)

SS

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

P.S. We didn't do the YS Falls.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

We did YS Falls & the Pelican Bar with TOTTT last year and had a great time! As SS said, you're about 90 minutes away, but our guide pointed out things along the way and the time passed so quickly. We played in the falls and the kids did the zipline, you can take as much time there as you want since you're not on a packaged tour. We had lunch in middle quarters and I still dream about those shrimp! Seriously, the best I've ever had. Then it was off to the Pelican Bar. I posted a review for it with pics here on TA, we had a great time. Definitely something for your bucket list! A very cool place.

We left Negril about 8:30 AM and returned just before dinner. It was a great day!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

Pamm.

I managed to find the review I wrote explaining our days activities, here it is:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k277…

There's a few contacts in amongst the posts, I hope they're still accurate.

Have fun.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

We did this tour with Kenny......we also went to Black River to see the crocodiles...it was a long day but worth it...

Email Kenny at kennyjamaca@gmail.com just tell him what you want to do and he will get back to you with a price..

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

If this is your first trip to Negril, then in my opinion, I would not miss out going to Pelican Bar. And if you are going to go all the way down to Black River to catch the boat over to Pelican, then definitely combine it with and/or YS and Black River Tour.

Pelican Bar is just a cool, unique place. They serve lunch and cold ones. When we have gone, we do Pelican Bar first because the winds tend to kick up a bit later in the afternoon and then its choppy to walk around the bar and you will want to bring your water shoes (not flip flops) to walk all around the bar.

YS is beautiful. Swining off the rope into the water is great. They have a zip line that runs right down the center of the falls that looks cool.

Enjoy your vacation!

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

SS... The pelican trip was a great way to spend our last day in Negril!! and we were so glad that we decided to go at the last minute! (gotta luv those restroom facilities)

Awsome pic's from Thailand too!! Happy 25th!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

im going to respectfully disagree with the majority of posters and suggest you save pelican bar for a future trip. based on your other thread, you're only on the cliffs for 3 days and one of those is a transfer day from the beach and one of them is a leaving day back to mobay airport. with those time constraints i think an all day trip to the south coast is going to feel rushed and definitely impact the relaxation factor of your experience of the cliffs.

my suggestion would be to plan nothing for the cliffs leg of your trip... play it entirely by ear, chances are better than good that you will do nothing but relax and recharge your internal batteries. and that is totally in keeping with the cliffs experience IMHO.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

Pamm

I can understand what Rawlus is saying, but I assure you, it wasn't a stressfull day trip. Maybe if you miss out the YS falls it may be less of a rush for you.

It just seems a shame to go all the way to Jamaica (even for a short duration) and not get out and about for a day to see some of the sights IMHO.

Have a good'n whatever you decide to do.

SS

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from negril day trip to pelican bar and ys falls?

I agree with Rawlus - we waited until our 3rd Negril trip to do the Pelican Bar. We did local excursions on the 1st two trips because we just couldn't drag ourselves out of the beach chair to do anything that lasted more than a few hours. That sand gravity is killer! But by our 3rd trip we were ready for a full day excursion - but only one. Maybe our next trip we can do 2 big excursions. Or not. :)