We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing in Negril?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Parasailing in Negril?

Anyone know if parasailing is offered via vendors or tour companies in Negril? Also curious if going tandem is an option. Never been to Jamaica but other places we've checked only let you go solo.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Yes, it's available. I BELIEVE you can go double, but not positive.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Yes, you can go double. Our kids did it last summer. You won't have any trouble finding parasailing - they'll ask you about it every day!

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Wife and I did it last year. We did a tandem. I had done before it was her first time. She was a little freaked out at first so made it interesting.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 15:52
Toronto
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

What sort of prices do they charge?

St. Louis
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Thanks all! ml0tb07- I expect I'll be freaked out as well...and you're right- that does make it interesting...amusing for my husband and challenging for me! :)

Barre, Vermont
Level Contributor
853 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

It is about $90-$100 for two. About 10 ride and parents can be on the boat if kids are parasailing for free. I have great video's and pictures my daughter took while in the air (good thing they dunked in 4 ft of water)

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Prices will vary, even by the same vendor. We waited until later in the week, when they'd asked us several times, then we negotiated a price since we had 4 kids in our group that wanted to go. I think we paid $35 per kid. They started at $50 each.

I have a pic of our daughter's face (who is afraid of heights!) when they started to raise her and it's priceless. She was willing to try it and had a great time, but she was scared at first. :)

Fox Point
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

Greetings. If you're down by Couples Swept Away on 7 mile beach, see Elvis. He's the man and you'll be more than pleased! Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
828 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

I went up with my daughter in Negril. I have been to Jamaica and other Caribbean islands many times but was always too chicken to parasail. I finally caved in Negril. It was our first time (I am 46 and she is 13). What a GREAT time! Its easy to find parasailing along the beach and you can try to negotiate the price.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
828 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parasailing in Negril?

We paid $80 for the two of us (one adult and one young teen). The price may depend on the season