We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Breezes Grand Negril

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Is there room service, mini bar in rooms and what about slot machines? How is the beach?

thanks

Di

So. California
Level Contributor
823 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Di

The beach at BGN is great, it is about the best beach in Jamaica.They also have a clothing optional beach located on a secluded cove with a small pool, spa, bar and grill. They do have slot machines I guess about 20 of them, I am not sure, we didn't play them. They do have mini fridges in the rooms that they stock with water, beer and sodas. BGN only was roomservice for the one bedroom suites or higher.

Edited: 23 April 2010, 23:20
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Thanks we are currently booked for an apple 5 square deal, and as stated on this website will probably get RIU negril, the beach there does not look nice and the beach pictures of Breezes look great, the beach is very important, so thinking of upgrading to Breezes.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Personally I would definately upgrade to Breezes Grand Negril !

Adult only, better beach, more facilities.... just a much better vacation overall.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

We did the Apple Square deal {Riu - of course} but have not stayed at Breezes Grand. I can tell you from walking by, the beach at Breezes is far superior to Riu Club. If the upgrade is in the budget, I would agree with Jamaica steve. Most on this forum speak highly of Breezes.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Thanks, right now the prices for Breezes is only $90.00 more per person than the Apple Negril Square deal, what about reservations for the restaurants, can you make them for the week, or is it like the RIU where you have to get up at 7am and wait in line to just make a reservation for that night?

Di

missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

If you're talking $180 more for Breezes over the Square Deal----I would run, not walk to the phone and call your T/A and upgrade as quickly as possible--just my opinion.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Hi Di,

You or your travel agent can make your dinner reservations at any time. You have to make reservations for Le Piacere and Munasan, all the other restaurants are walk-in.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Fort Wright...
Level Contributor
396 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

Steve; Could you let us know how we could make dinner reservations before we arrive (and spa if possible)? thanks for all your help

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

I just talked with my travel agent and changed it to Breezes Negril, it was no charge to change since it was an upgrade and the total additional cost was $86.00 per person. Thanks for your help!

Di

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
249 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Breezes Grand Negril

I was at Breezes Negril 3/31-4/6. I can comment on 2 specific questions that were asked. Yes, they did have about 20 slot machines but most of them were not working when we were there, which probably saved us some money. My 2nd comment is about making dinner reservations. I have been to many all inclusive resorts over the past 15 years and it is almost always a huge pain to make dinner reservations. But making dinner reservations at Breezes could not have been easier. We made reservations for both restaurants at the same time. My only criticism about the resort was that nightly activities were not too exciting but that's because it was geared towards couples and I was there with a bunch of girls. Say "hi" to Shane and Jerrian t the main bar, from the girls from Vermont.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States