We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

my wife and I will be going to the Riu ClubHotel Negril in May/June for 2 weeks....don't see the point in changing £s in $US over here when the local currency is Jamaican$s...can anyone advise which $s the hotel shops etc trade in. or can you use either....also please does the hotel have a currency exchange for £UK travellers cheques or Bank notes....Thanks for any information Bob Livingston, Scotland

missouri
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

Bob-I know the resort shops etc. will take either Jamaican or U.S. dollars. There is an ATM machine which dispenses in U.S. dollars. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that is your currency options. When visiting with other U.K. and Canadian travelers, they usually mentioned having to exchange to U.S. or Jamaican. Hope that helps a little.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

Thanks for that info Bob

kent
Level Contributor
845 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

Hi Bob,

Were taking Jamaican Dollars, US Dollars and a bit of Sterling with us, we go 11 th May for 2 weeks. When are you going? Have you ever been to Jamaica before? This is our first time and cant wait.

SQ7

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

Hi ...we don't arrive until 30th May......Thanks for your thoughts but I prefer to carry Travellers Cheques when possible and some currency...have a brill time Bob

5. Re: RIU Clubhotel Negril - Currency Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2010, 05:16