We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

souvenir ideas

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
souvenir ideas

I have been to Jamaica a couple times. Going again in about a week.

I am looking for some ideas for souvenirs for some co-workers.

I guess necklaces and bracelets or possibilities.

Any other ideas.

Don't want to spend a fortune.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: souvenir ideas

Rum always works.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: souvenir ideas

All the rum I bring back is for me. LOL

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
828 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: souvenir ideas

Blue Mountain coffee sells for about $42 a pound ehre in teh U.S. In Jamaica its half that price. I stock up at the airport on my way home. Makes great gifts (and coffee).

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: souvenir ideas

You know... the airport is the most expensive place to shop ;)

I like to go to a good grocery store & by "good" I mean one that is packed with products from the the floor to the rafters. There is tons of good, cool & fun stuff in a Jamaican grocery to buy & take back as gifts.

Some silly ideas?

Jamaican made cookies/candy.

Ting (although I prefer it out of a glass bottle & that's a little trickier to pull off nowadays in checked luggage only).

Jamaican ketchup (for the ketchup lover... you know they're out there!).

Cock Soup.

Lots & lots of crazy named potions that are supposed to increase stamina...

Bun & cheese.

Who knows what all you'll find in a grocery you wander thru. Likley you'll find a few things though that fit your budget & you'll still be able to bring a lil something back for several people.

I also like finding someone that makes those small carvings that would go on a keychain or something. Last Christmas I paid a carver $8. each to make me several Sea Horse's that I could bring home & make into key chains... they were excellent gifts (and not made in China).

Ashland, Virginia
Level Contributor
772 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: souvenir ideas

I brought back honey for a few people last time.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: souvenir ideas

Great ideas.

Thank you

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: souvenir ideas

You can get small (airline size) bottles of rum cream for about $2.50US at the grocery stores (they are more in the gift shops).

Small bags (half pound or single pot servings) of coffee are also available. And, if you discover on the way back to the airport that you forgot someone, there are a bazillion good stores at the airport as well.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
187 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: souvenir ideas

The airport is the most expensive place for most things. However, the 12-year-old Appleton was $21 there vs. $25 at the estate.

But Blue Mountain coffee can be had for much less than $20/lb in Jamaica, as long as you're not shopping at the airport or tourist-trappy markets like Hi-Lo in Negril. I got mine for between 8 and 9 bucks a pound.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: souvenir ideas

Grace Ketchup - best ketchup eva.

Essex, uk
Level Contributor
461 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: souvenir ideas

I bought back a wood carving of a bottle of red stripe as a paper weight, they look really cool